W3202MC DTT Channel Search Not working - Home Entertainment (Read Only) - Digital Entertainment - Dell Community

W3202MC DTT Channel Search Not working

Digital Entertainment

Digital Entertainment
A space to talk about music, movies and other entertaining diversions.

W3202MC DTT Channel Search Not working

• Hi there,

This is my first post ever so bare with me.

I had the 26" Dell TV/Monitor, which I got upgraded to a W3202MC.  Haven't had any problems until recently.  I'm trying to scan the Digital TV channels and it just hangs on the first channel.  It was working up until about 3 days ago, when I tried to rescan the channels.
    I've tried hard resetting it but I'm not sure if that works (hold input on TV not remote, turn off TV then turn it on, release input after 10 seconds). The reason I don't think it works is because once it gets past the dtt initializing bit the input screen flashes continuosly and there is no confirmation message.  How do I hard reset this panel or reset the TV.  I've also tried factory reset but that doesn't do anything either.
    I read about getting into the service menu but haven't seen any posts about how to get into it.

Oh yeah one other thing why doesn't the Service Tag found on the back of the TV bring up details for my TV.  I get something about a printer??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Gun

Message Edited by GunStore on 09-29-2007 06:44 PM

Message Edited by GunStore on 10-02-2007 08:42 AM
  • GunStore,

* Turn the TV off
    * Disconnect all cabling from the bottom and sides of the TV including the power cord
    * Press and hold the Power button in on the TV for 10 seconds
    * Disconnect the power cord and all other cables going into the settop box
    * Wait 3 minutes
    * Reconnect the power cord and all other cables back into the settop box
    * Let the the settop box boot up
    * Reconnect only the TV power cord and your settop cable box to the TV
    * Power the TV on
    * Press the Menu button (On Screen Display)
    * Go to Setup and choose Factory Reset
    * Exit the Menu (On Screen Display)
  • Thanks for the reply,

I tried what you suggested but I don't have a set top box.  I'm using the digital tv option on the tv because the W3202MC has a digital receiver built in.  It seems to hang on the searching for channels menu.

I'm not sure if the hard reset worked either because the program table is still showing channels.

Any other suggestions?
  • GunStore,

Are you using some OTA (over the air) antenna connected to the TV?
  • Thanks for the reply Chris,

I am using an antenna connected to the TV it was working about 5 days ago and just stopped working.  It almost seems like it's stuck or frozen.  I can't remove any of the channels from the program table that were there when I first set it up.

regards

Gun
  • GunStore,

Disconnect the power cord to the antenna and let it reset. Any difference?
  • I'll give that a try tonight

regards

Gun
  • Hi again,

Right I tried that suggestion with no luck.

Let me explain how everything is connected.

The TV is connected to an aerial booster which in turn is connected to an aerial situated in my roof.

I've tried disconnecting the booster and reseting the TV but that doesn't do anything.

do you by any chance know how to get into the service menu as I think possibly I'll be able to reset the program table there.

I've seen the link posted about the service menu but that doesn't work for the W3202MC (input 619)
  • Mine has started doing this as well. Not al the time, but around 60% of the time.
    I also wanted the service menu code but nobody seems to know it for the lcd tv's, only the plasmas.
  • I now have the same problem since an additional aeriel has been fitted to the apartments i live in. Did this problem ever get resolved?
  • Nope still have the same problem.
    Starting to think we're being ignored...:smileymad:
  • All,

I cannot find the Service Menu codes.

* Turn the TV off
    * Disconnect all cabling from the bottom and or sides of the TV including the power cord
    * Press and hold the Power button in on the TV for 10 seconds
    * Reconnect only the TV power cord
    * Power the TV on
    * Press the Menu button
    * Select Setup
    * Select Factory Reset
  • Chris thanks for replying...

I followed your instructions and the tv doesnt really give a clear understanding that it has reset although the program table is just a jumble of characters now and not channel listings. However this doesnt fix the problem and when starting a retune the tv still hangs at...

CHANNEL SEARCHING
               CH 21

and doesnt go any further.

I have a SONY freeview box and this goes through an automatic tune and finds all channels and indicates a near perfect signal strength on all channels.

Thanks
    David

• All,

Are your TVs still under warranty?
  • Mine is a year old in November but it wasnt bought direct from via Dell - i think it was either an over stocked item or a factory refurb.