W3201C sound/speaker problem

Digital Entertainment

Digital Entertainment
A space to talk about music, movies and other entertaining diversions.

W3201C sound/speaker problem

• All,

So our family decided to purchase the following to solve the sound problem:

Philips Digital DVD Home Theater System (HTS6500) from Circuit City.

We now have sound and it was ~$100-$150 cheaper than sending in the the TV for repair.

I'm sure you can purchase any number of home theater systems to solve the issue.  As previously posted it is annoying to have yet another remote control and turning power on another device just to watch and hear TV.

Awhile back I heard the Dell TV's were really branded Philips televisions? I'm not sure if there is any truth to that but the Philips remote with this home theater system was immediately able to control the TV volume (useless since the only sound out of TV speakers is electronic hissing).

I've removed the speaker wire from the TV and Dell speakers and will likely remove those speakers all together.

Also ordered my HP desktop to replace my 5yr old Dell.  

Thanks to all who have posted and I'll continue to read and post if any other information is relevant.

So long Dell.

Regards,

BK
  • did you get your set fixed ? and what was the real cost ?   Thanks
  • hey i think I found the solution. go to my forum and my name is djackx24, i hope this solves your problems

• I have, I think, the best solution.  You can buy a "Sound Bar" for as little as $100.  It has its own amplifier, better sound, and it works.  Just hook it up to "Audio Out".  The moral here is, if you want a computer, buy it from a computer company; if you want a tv, buy it from a tv company.  Actually, Dell should buy us one. Good luck!

• Well, i bought this TV in 2006 and now, 2012, the left speaker finally went.   Solution is to run the sound out from a cable box into an amplifier, otherwise it served me well.

• IDOKTR

Hey All,

Today another porblem cropped up and I need your advice. The sound works well for about 15 minutes. Then the is a constant popping crackle and the voices are not audible. The noise is a steady sound. I disconnected all the connections and repluged-no help. I did a factory reset-no help. If I disconnected the right speaker, the left speaker worked perfectly. If I hooked up the right only, popping niose returned. I also tried another right speaker from another Dell LCD TV and the popping noise came back. So is the problem the speaker or TV??

Is there a way to get the sound out to other external speakers???

Anyone have the same issue and maybe a solution? Right know we are watching TV using only the left speaker.

Thanks,

Stewart

IDOKTR

Hey All,

Today another porblem cropped up and I need your advice. The sound works well for about 15 minutes. Then the is a constant popping crackle and the voices are not audible. The noise is a steady sound. I disconnected all the connections and repluged-no help. I did a factory reset-no help. If I disconnected the right speaker, the left speaker worked perfectly. If I hooked up the right only, popping niose returned. I also tried another right speaker from another Dell LCD TV and the popping noise came back. So is the problem the speaker or TV??

Anyone have the same issue and maybe a solution? Right know we are watching TV using only the left speaker.

Thanks,

Stewart

IDOKTR

Hey All,

Thanks,

Stewart