Copying pictures to a CD-RW

Digital Entertainment

Digital Entertainment
A space to talk about music, movies and other entertaining diversions.

Copying pictures to a CD-RW

• When I attempt to copy a picture to a CD it goes thru the motions of copying it, a message appears at the bottom of the screen saying you have files ready to be written to the disk.

At the screen that allows you to view the files you want to copy they appear grainy, if you select copy to disk in the menu window the copy appears to copy but when you go to view the files on the disk the computer does not bring up any pictures .

The CD drive E will read another disk with pictures.

I'm currently using a Dell Dimension E 510 with Windows XP for home

• For archiving photos, use CD-R not CD-RW.

I prefer to use Roxio. Choose the option to create a Data CD. Choose all the photos to fill up the CD, and do a one-time burn.

my Dells:
    Precision M6300 - XP SP3 / Windows 7 / Ubuntu 12.04
    Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7

• ieee488,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. 

Your suggestion worked fine. My DVD drives are copying and viewing like they should.

Thanks,

Tankkiller  

• I attempt to copy pictures from my Dell Dimension E310 to CD RW, the icon shows at the bottom of the screen stating I have files to be written to CD but when I try to write them to the CD using the Dell wizard, it states that there is not enough room, even if I try just writing 2 or 3 and I know that I have done the same thing in the past and have written at least 100 photos to a CD RW. Help