Ok, I recently bought an Inspiron 1545 laptop.  I use Windows Vista Home Basic.  It only has vga output and I want to watch it on my tv.  I have a few onptions for input to my tv and those are HDMI, Component, S-Video, and AV.  Here's what I want to know:  For HDMI, do I need a converter box?  Will a normal VGA to HDMI cable work.  From what I read, it seems not, but it's all confusing.  As for component, it didn't seem like its what I wanted, but does anyone have any thoughts about it?  For s-video, I can't seem to find any cables that go from male VGA to male s-video.  Even if it's uncommon (which it doesn't seem like it would be)  there might be one or two out there, but I can't find a single one.  They are all female s-video.  Am I missing something?  I have the same thoughts for AV as i had for component.  It doesn't seem like it's what I want but are there any thoughts?  So for those four options, what would be the best way to go from computer to tv because everything with video cables is confusing and I just want to know which of these will work and what I need to do.  One last thing, everything says I have to have tv out.  I Googled it and it seems like I do, but i found nothing specific.  Doesn anyone know.  Also, I am open to suggestions other than what I just said too.