GOAL OR METRIC: One System Image and One Operating System throughout the entire organization
RATIONALE:.The number, variety and versions of applications can add tremendous inefficiency, and increases the costs of licensing and support. Two goals are clear: have as few desktop/laptop images to manage as possible and reduce the number of operating systems supported. Best practices are that organizations have one of each – one system image and one operating system.
POTENTIAL RESULTS: Lower cost to support because you have fewer versions to manage and lower licensing costs
I don't see any mention of Dell's X-Image software and support.
One Image for All Your Hardware
For IT departments, success comes at a price: the increased time and money required to manage all the images for new and legacy systems. That job alone could take an entire team.
Our X-Image service helps free up your IT resources so you can spend more on what matters most to your business. Using X-Image, a Dell™ Image Management Service (IMS) engineer works with you to create a single image that works across all your new and legacy OptiPlex™, Latitude™ and Dell Precision™ systems, as well as across systems from other vendors. We can also maintain the image and deploy it on additional Dell purchases. Consolidating your images enables you to reduce the time and money you spend on image management.
Dell X-Image offers you:
* A single image that works across multiple platforms — Dell and non-Dell
* Quarterly maintenance for driver and platform updates
* The ability to easily maintain image updates
* Software image preinstallation on Dell products in the factory
* Image recovery tools for quick resolution of support issues
* A Dell IMS engineer as a single point of contact for all your image management
* On-site support from a dedicated IMS engineer, if needed