SupportAssist Enterprise 1.0.0.49 iDRAC SNMP Configuration - Enterprise Forum - SupportAssist - Dell Community

SupportAssist Enterprise 1.0.0.49 iDRAC SNMP Configuration

SupportAssist

SupportAssist
Remote monitoring and automated, proactive support

SupportAssist Enterprise 1.0.0.49 iDRAC SNMP Configuration

• Hi All,

I have recently installed SupportAssist enterprise 1.0.0.49, primarily for the collection of log data now DSET is being retired.

I have installed the software on a PowerEdge R320 server, running Windows Server 2012 64bit (not R2) and for the most part things work fine. However, I am having difficulty with the configuration of SNMP on the iDRAC, below is the error text:

SupportAssist Enterprise has configured the SNMP settings successfully, but the automated test to verify the SNMP settings was unsuccessful.

To resolve the issue, verify the network settings and make sure that the SNMP port (162) is open.

Error Code : 5000_15

I have confirmed that network connectivity is working and I have run a wireshark capture to confirm that the test SNMP trap is sent and received from the iDRAC to the SupportAssist server.

The latest firmware has been installed, as per the below extract from the iDRAC. Any assistance is gratefully received.

Power State ON
    System Model
    PowerEdge R320
    System Revision
    I
    System Host Name
    #############
    Operating System
    Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Standard x64 Edition
    Operating System Version
    Version 6.2 (Build 9200) (x64) Server Full Installation
    Service Tag
    ##############
    Express Service Code
    ##############
    BIOS Version
    Firmware Version
    IP Address(es)
    ###############
    iDRAC MAC Address
    ###############
    DNS Domain Name
    ###############
    Lifecycle Controller Firmware
    IDSDM Firmware Version
    N/A

• Hi cooky667,

I presume you already done this, however just to double check can you make sure that there are no other applications using port 162?  If the port is bound by another process, then it is possible that SA cannot receive the test alert even though the port on the network might be open.

I presume this is only occurring on one of your discovered nodes, please confirm that other nodes are working fine?  If the other nodes are testing out fine, then port 162 is probably not the issue.

Also, please check the idrac of affected node to confirm that the automated configuration was indeed completed successfully.

If the SupportAssist install is registered, I can check with the Service Tag of the idrac node on which alerts were received if any from our back-end systems.

Thank You.

• Hi DELL-Dave L,

Thanks so much for the reply. I have double checked that nothing else is using port 162 and I have done the SupportAssist install on two separate devices to try and rule out an error during the install and to make sure I didn't do anything foolish the first time.

I can confirm that the automatic configuration does complete successfully and that the test SNMP trap is sent and received. Unfortunately, I have only discovered one node at the moment as this is a new install, change control is pretty strict here so I cant get this rolled out further at the moment. However, I can confirm that SNMP does work for the windows host - its just SNMP from the iDRAC that is not playing nice.

Service tag is F9LZ7Z1

• I can see that an alert was raised yesterday for that service tag: <Fan Sensor Name> has been inserted.

Was this node discovered as idrac yesterday or with OS IP?

• It was originally discovered with iDRAC yesterday, I added the OS afterwards.

• So was the Fan Sensor alert raised while discovered under idrac or OS IP?

• I would suspect iDRAC, however, I couldn't say for certain as I was focussing on getting the SNMP traps working rather than anything else.

Bizarrely, I cannot seem to find a fan alert from yesterday. Do you have a time?

• The TIMESTAMP = 06-APR-17 10.57.47.000000 AM and this is CST time in the US.

You can also look in the SupportAssist logs for this alert to find out additional details on it:  

TRAPID = 1001

EVENTID is null

• The only logs I can see around 5pm yesterday (UK time) are as below:

2017-04-06 15:49:19,045 [SAE-SendSystemLogs-Queue-Processor-2] ERROR com.dell.supportassist.collector.CollectorServiceBean- 435 - Failed to update collection status to server:caseid null

2017-04-06 16:58:12,036 [ForkJoinPool.commonPool-worker-2] ERROR com.dell.supportassist.snmp.WindowsSNMPConfigurer- 188 - Some Unknown Error

2017-04-06 17:31:19,684 [ForkJoinPool.commonPool-worker-1] ERROR com.dell.supportassist.snmp.WindowsSNMPConfigurer- 188 - Some Unknown Error

• I think at this time it's going to be a good idea to contact Dell Technical Support and have them look a little deeper into the system.  

Thank You.