Dell SupportAssist 1.2.0 ridiculous memory usage (> 600MB!) - Enterprise Forum - SupportAssist - Dell Community

Dell SupportAssist 1.2.0 ridiculous memory usage (> 600MB!)

SupportAssist

SupportAssist
Remote monitoring and automated, proactive support

Dell SupportAssist 1.2.0 ridiculous memory usage (> 600MB!)

• Dell SupportAssist (C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssist\bin\prunsrvamd64.exe) is eating >600MB of RAM on a Dell PE R430 with Windows Server 2012 R2:

This is ridiculous.

Dell, please fix this memory consumption issue. Thanks.

• Please email us a copy of Log file with debug mode turned on, before stopping the service, please copy the log file so that we don't lose track of the issue.

To enable debug mode, please do following.

Stop SupportAssist Service.

On your Management station, traverse to “config” folder under SupportAssist Installation directory.

Open log4j.xml and add below xml section before “<logger name="org.springframework">” line.

<logger name="com.dell" additivity="false">

<level value="debug" />

<appender-ref ref="log.file" />

</logger>  

Start SupportAssist service and observe the memory consumption, share us the logs folder (C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssist\logs\) along with the one which was captured earlier prior to stopping the service.

• Any luck in extracting the log files? Also please specify the number of devices currently being managed with this version?

• Hi Karthik!

I haven't had any time yet, sorry.

I'll get back to you once I have the logs at hand.

Cheers,

Wolfram

• Thanks Wolfram, I will look forward for an update from your end.

Thank you.

• Quick update: It's now at >1.2GB RAM usage! :(

• Hi Karthik,

I just activated the debug logging as you requested.

I'll attach the log on Monday next week.

Cheers,

Wolfram

• application.log.20160603.log.gz

Here's the log from 2016-06-03...

• application.log.20160604.log.gz

Here's the log from 2016-06-04...

• Hello Wolfram,

I could not gather any useful information from the logs to identify if there is any potential memory leak issue.

We will need to look at the system config and ensure the minimum h/w requirements stated in the user guide have been met for the management station.

I am assuming the number of devices being managed is equal to or less than 300. Can you please contact tech support so that we have a ticket logged in the tool and take this forward.

Thank you,

Karthik