Dell Support Assist Intel HD Graphics 3000 Video Card test "Cannot Run" - Enterprise Forum - SupportAssist - Dell Community

Dell Support Assist Intel HD Graphics 3000 Video Card test "Cannot Run"

SupportAssist

SupportAssist
Remote monitoring and automated, proactive support

Dell Support Assist Intel HD Graphics 3000 Video Card test "Cannot Run"

This question is not answered

When running Dell Support Assist tests, I am getting notification(s), that Intel HD Graphics 3000 Video Card test cannot be run. Until now this test was running with no problems. I don't know, why now this issue? I can't figure it out? Computer and Intel HD Graphics 3000 Video Card are working normally. Can someone, please, explain, what is causing this error. Thank you!

All Replies
  • Cefizelj,

Could you grab the logs by following the steps below and email them to SupportAssist@Dell.com.  In the subject reference ATTN:JOEB and add the Service Tag and include the URL in the message.

1) Go to C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssist and look for LogGrabber.exe. Execute this and it will save a zip file on your desktop. Send this zip file to me. if it gets bounced back change the extension to xxx or txt.

Let me know when you sent them over

DELL-Joe B
    Social Media and Community Professional
    #iwork4Dell

• Joe B., I have sent you eMail to SupportAssist@Dell.com with a link to download my LogGrabber PCD_logs. I hope, you will be able to discover something.

• Cefizelj,

I received your email and the logs.  I’ve sent them over to the PC-Doctor team for investigation.  Please allow 1-2 days for them to dive into them.  Hopefully they will have a quick resolution.  Once I hear back from them I’ll let you know.

DELL-Joe B
    #iwork4Dell

• Just to inform you, Joe, with the latest SupportAssist App upgrade Intel HD Graphics 3000 Video Card test is running normal again!

• Thanks for the update and good to hear.

The PC-Doctor team hasn’t seen this error before but I did get some information from a video engineer.

The error message indicates that the 2d3d module is trying to run tests on the enumerated Intel device while the driver's Optimus GPU global setting is not set to the Integrated GPU.

It is possible also that there is a setting forcing the system to use only the NVidia device.  Another possibility is that there were other processes on the system running which prevented the NVidia device from releasing control.  If these options don’t pan out, the suggestion should would be to reinstall/update to the latest available supported Intel and NVidia drivers and try again (after necessary reboots, of course).  

Another thing the PCDr team pointed out… according to this table:

www.intel.com/.../000005526.html, Intel does not support Win10 on the Sandy Bridge (HD 2000/3000).  

Did you do any driver updates?

Joe

DELL-Joe B
    #iwork4Dell

• Yes, few weeks ago I have performed NVIDIA Video Card driver update. It can be that this has caused the problem in the first place? Now, after latest general SupportAssist App update, it looks like that the issue is solved. I will let you know, if the situation will change. Thank you for your help!