Unable to uninstall DSET. - Enterprise Forum - SupportAssist - Dell Community

Unable to uninstall DSET.

SupportAssist

SupportAssist
Remote monitoring and automated, proactive support

Unable to uninstall DSET.

• Trying to unistall the DSET 3.6.0 trough the add remove programs.

It displays the following error message:

DSET 11.10xx06.0005 is already installed. Unistall the manually the try installing DSET 3.6.0 again.

Change / Repair options give the same error.

When trying to upgrade to version 3.7.0 the same error.

• Hi,

It seems something has gone corrupt and that is the reason it is unable to uninstall. I would suggest a Microsoft utility to uninstall DSET. The utility name is msutil.exe. Check if it is already present in your system, if not you can download it from Microsoft site.

If this doesn't workout can you give me your email address I will send you a script that will help uninstall.

Regards
    Aniruddha S

• Hi,

Thank you for the tip about the MS utility but even after using that the error message keeps coming back.

Tried to send you a direct message but your forum name doesnt give back any results. :-S

• Hi,

I have the same problem.

The DSET 11.10xx06.0005 was installed with the Powervault management software. I try to remove the entire software but the error still appeared, so i can't install the DSET 3.7. I suppose that without the DSET 3.7, Support Assist can't connect to the IDRAC of my poweredge for the "collection component" and alway appeared error SA_106.