New! SupportAssist for servers launch - Enterprise Forum - SupportAssist - Dell Community

New! SupportAssist for servers launch

SupportAssist

SupportAssist
Remote monitoring and automated, proactive support

New! SupportAssist for servers launch

• New - SupportAssist for Servers! The latest version of this proactive monitoring software is SupportAssist for Servers and it is now available for customers that would like to manage up to 20 PowerEdge servers in their environment and that are not using a systems management console. Download today!

Documentation is available to help you when using this application. Questions? Ask them on this Forum.

• Videos are now available to help you when using SupportAssist for servers.

• Auto Installing or Upgrading OMSA video
    • Configuring Alert Destination (Windows) video
    • Configuring Alert Destination (Linux) video
    • Adding Devices video
    • Monitoring Local System video
  • Translated video subtitles: The SupportAssist for servers videos now have translated subtitles available. Click the "Settings" icon in the bottom right of the video player to select your preferred subtitle language. Subtitles are available in Simplified Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish.

• DELL-Cassie M

Translated video subtitles: The SupportAssist for servers videos now have translated subtitles available. Click the "Settings" icon in the bottom right of the video player to select your preferred subtitle language. Subtitles are available in Simplified Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish.

Can you please tell me if SupportAssist for servers can be used with Linux Ubuntu 14.04 and if not are there any plans for the near future to make it available to and have it work for the millions of Linux users?

Be well,

Zen

• Yes !! Good Question ! Need Support Assist for Linux Distro.

• Oh sorry for asking. I got my answer HERE and I should have known. The answer is it only works for money oriented and profit seeking Microsoft.  Well keep up the bad work and ignoring those poets of Linux code who offer their art to anyone who wants to use it. I have 2 Dell servers which use Ubuntu as an OS and 2 Dell desktops with Ubuntu desktop installed on them. 

Now for the warning those may very well be the last Dell servers and computers I may ever buy until Dell starts recognizing that there are other FREE OS for consumers to use which in many ways are far better than those of costly Microsoft along with their planned obsolescence and short shelf life.

Disappointingly yours,

Tom

• Thank you for your feedback, Tom. Eventually SupportAssist will cover all Dell server, storage and networking devices and support Windows, Linux (RedHat, CentOS, SUSE, Oracle), VMWare and a few others. 

This release gives customers the option to use SupportAssist without a systems management console. This is the first iteration of this product and considering all the operating systems in the market and the devices we support, this becomes a very large project that must be broken into smaller, more manageable parts. Each phase of the product will include more and more support until we can cover all of the operating systems and devices listed above. We are planning several releases for the second half of this year, which will greatly expand our capabilities.   

Without feedback from customers like you, we wouldn't know the best way to improve our support tools. One of the areas we are currently looking to get feedback is alternate operating systems. I would appreciate your insight. Please email me at Richard_Gale@Dell.com so we can set up time to talk about your support needs.

Thank you,

Richard Gale

SupportAssist for Enterprise Product Development Manager

• Richard Gale

Thank you for your feedback, Tom. Eventually SupportAssist will cover all Dell server, storage and networking devices and support Windows, Linux (RedHat, CentOS, SUSE, Oracle), VMWare and a few others. 

This release gives customers the option to use SupportAssist without a systems management console. This is the first iteration of this product and considering all the operating systems in the market and the devices we support, this becomes a very large project that must be broken into smaller, more manageable parts. Each phase of the product will include more and more support until we can cover all of the operating systems and devices listed above. We are planning several releases for the second half of this year, which will greatly expand our capabilities.   

Without feedback from customers like you, we wouldn't know the best way to improve our support tools. One of the areas we are currently looking to get feedback is alternate operating systems. I would appreciate your insight. Please email me at Richard_Gale@Dell.com so we can set up time to talk about your support needs.

Thank you,

Richard Gale

SupportAssist for Enterprise Product Development Manager

Richard,

That was an assume answer and more than I could have hoped for to my rambling on about essentially proprietary hardware and software and in particular the Microsoft Empire,and though I didn't mention it before, the Apple Empire and a lot of other empires as well.

This is an aside. 

According to a United Kingdom academic report from the Ministry of Defense the projected "defense" expenditure of the 9 major powers for the year 2045[4] 

will equal $3,889,000,000,000. The amount of even more wasted money and energy and more than likely millions of man years that will be pissed down the toilet while destroying the earth between now and then is simply incomprehensible. It has to be an irrefutable fact that the sociopaths and psychopaths who will use every evil act that they can imagine to assure that this all takes place and happens by then have never spent so much as a moment in actual hunger or homelessness and have had the privileged of the best education possible which is used to commit war crimes, crimes against humanity and crimes against Nature.
    And what will be the outcome of that sheer madness? Nothing short of unfathomable amounts of needless starvation, disease, human misery, despair and death. This is what they have managed to work on today. Cut to images of the half life of depleted uranium which is 4,500,000,000 years. Remind reader that scientists have estimated that the sun itself will go super nova in as little as 4,000,000,000 to 5,000,000,000 years which means that even by then HALF of the depleted uranium which Evil Incarnate has already impregnated the Earth with today will still be around by then assuring the live birth of living abortions who refuse to go away by simply being still born.
    On top of this don't buy that myth that all this insanity has anything what so ever to do with patriotism or love of country. When there is money to be made a military industry pretty much has the very opposite philosophy of Fritz Haber a German scientist who once said, "During peace time a scientist belongs to the world but during war time he belongs to his country." Fritz of course as everyone would prefer to forget is the born Hasidic Jew MF who invented Zyclon B, the gas used to exterminate between 6,000,000 to 10,000,000 innocents in a Holocaust that never happened. And let us please forget the birth place of the international super power IBM. That was my hometown. Oh little town of Binghamton, NY which is probably where Thomas J. Watson Sr got the contract from the Nazi hierarchy to do the numbering system used by the tattoo parlors in the concentration camps. One letter of the numbering system meant you were a Jew or a political prisoner or that you were retarded or mentally ill. or with some other diagnosed reason by objective Gestapo doctors on why you were a danger to the thousand year Reich. Another number meant you would go to the crematorium or just a work camp until you died of exhaustion or were mercifully killed by hatred. And the letters and the numbers went on and on. And the calculator went on to add pennies and then dollars and then large and larger deposits and the money rolled in at IBM and to their stock holders as human life became cheapened and cheapened until human flesh was only good for making lamp shades. 
    Just bitching because things have not only NOT changed since then they have gotten progressively far worse. Take the international super power BAE Systems. A weapons manufacturing industry headquartered in England with close ties to the "royals on the dole" and with weapons manufacturing plants from all over the United States with the greatest number of those plants being in "Christian love your enemy as yourself" Sarah Palin's home state of Alaska and with other weapons manufacturing sites in Saudi Arabia. Where else did you think *** and Israel and Germany and China and the US and India and fill in the blanks get their weaponry from? Manufactures of weapons of mass destruction are an equal opportunity cesspool of corruption and will sell to anyone while washing their hands of all responsibility for the carnage they guarantee will happen. 
    Remember that nerve gas Saddam used on the Kurds?
    "The attack killed between 3,200 and 5,000 people and injured 7,000 to 10,000 more, most of them civilians.[1][2] Thousands more died of complicationsdiseases, and birth defects in the years after the attack.[3] The incident, which has been officially defined as an act of genocide against the Kurdish people in Iraq,[4] was and still remains the largest chemical weapons attack directed against a civilian-populated area in history.[5]".....Wikipedia
    The Bill of Sale on that purchase was a receipt from a United States weapons of mass destruction industry. Iranian children. Kurdish children. American children. Or any children for that matter. Do you seriously believe the vampires who were responsible for the creation of that gas and its sale could give a f who died as a result of its use?
    Remember Linda Hudson? The CEO and COO of BAE Systems until a short while ago. She over saw the manufacturing and use of depleted uranium on ALL the generations of humanity yet to be. Of course that still wasn't enough white male corporate power for the Queen of Birth Defects to wield. She was also on the Board of Directors of the Bank of America where she over saw there BOA's illegally dealing with Iran and laundering hundreds upon hundreds of millions of dollars if not billions for the *** cartels. How ever they did get a wink and a smile from those who prosecuted BOA along with laughter coming from the judges who handed down the cruel punishment that BOA would have to pay $1.50 for each $150,000 that they got CAUGHT laundering.
    So what does all this have to do with Dell and Microsoft and Apple and HP and the rest of the technological world? Well first of all, why is it that the most evil aspects of humanity I have only touched upon ALWAYS have the cutting edge of technology whether it is hardware or software? Because sadly this also affects Linux which has already been singled out as the software to use by armies and governments and financial institutions throughout the globe. Which only goes to show that those abominations have managed to make whores of even programming poets who tried so valiantly to give the world as much as they could of the rarest and most squandered and abused commodity someone could offer to his fellow man. Love itself.
    Be well,
    Tom
  • Richard,

Please help. I have tried installing on a R220 under 2012 R2. But a Command Window opens titled C:\Windows\syswow64\whoami.exe and the installshield wizard has the next button greyed out.

• Wow, did this post just take a turn into the twilight zone?   Confused