We’re Now Accepting Bitcoin in the UK and Canada

The Official Dell Corporate Blog

Live from eTail West, we’re excited to announce we’re now accepting bitcoin in the UK and Canada on Dell.com, making Dell the largest merchant to accept bitcoin internationally.

blue bitcoin accepted here logoFollowing our successful US pilot, we’ve decided to bring the world’s most widely used digital currency to our consumer and small business customers in the UK and Canada. We are seeing purchases across our full product and customer spectrum – from software and peripherals to our business PCs and even our largest transaction to date – north of $50,000 for a highly configured PowerEdge server system.

This form of payment is clearly resonating with consumer, small and medium businesses. And now we’re excited to take the choice and flexibility this payment option offers global, maintaining our partnership with Coinbase, a trusted and secure third party payment processor, to make this possible.

When you are ready to make a purchase, simply add the items to your cart and choose Bitcoin as the payment method. Checkout our special video guide to see the bitcoin payment process in action.

“Through the expansion of Bitcoin we’re enabling new levels of convenience for our customers, making it easier for them to do business with Dell,” said Paul J. Walsh, CIO, Dell.

Have questions about Bitcoin? We’ve tried our best to answer some of them in our original blog post here and in our Terms & Conditions, or feel free to leave them in the comments below. 

Image by Francis Storr via Creative Commons (CC BY-SA 2.0)

To post a comment login or create an account

Comment Reminder

Unrelated comments or requests for service will be unpublished. Please post your technical questions in the Support Forums or for direct assistance contact Dell Customer Service or Dell Technical Support.. All comments must adhere to the Dell Community Terms of Use.

• I just tried to buy a £540 laptop from the outlet and it doesn't support Bitcoin, so Dell just lost out on an order because of it. I'll wait until the outlet accepts or go somewhere else.

• @showtheoutletsomelove - Hate to hear your disappointment. We are continuously reviewing the demand for bitcoin purchasing across different segments of our business, as well as different countries around the world. Letting us know here your interest in the outlet helps with that! I'll continue to update with posts on the blog as we are able to offer further bitcoin options. Thanks again for your interest. ~LPT

• As you already have open-source payments so any chance for open-source system on "New XPS 13"? Similarly as Ubuntu on "XPS 13"?

• @jan.gorecki - Thanks for your interest in Ubuntu on our newest XPS 13. It's something we are actively working on now and hope to have ready for purchase soon! Watch this blog for future updates.

• Do you have information about when BitCoin will be rolled out to the rest of Europe?

Since the new XPS13 developer edition is now available, I would like to place an order.

• @ulrichard - Thanks for your interest in the XPS13 developer edition, and in bitcoin. I'm afraid I don't have an exact date to share at this point, however, for further roll-out of bitcoin acceptance in Europe. We'll need to give the UK pilot some more time to ensure we're ready for expansion. ~LPT

• Hmm, ok. I really want an XPS13 developer edition, and I really want to pay with BitCoin, and I really want a Swiss keyboard.

If I order in the uk, have it shipped to a remailer and manually install a swiss keyboard, are there any problems to expect?

Wouldn't it be just ticking a box to enable BitCoin per country?

• Hi Laura, how is the UK BitCoin pilot doing?

I'm still holding my breadth.............

• I also think about having it bought from UK and reshipped with www.myukmailbox.com. Just waiting for you to announce when we can place the orders...

• Given the time between the initial pilot in the US and the roll out to UK/Canada, it's almost time for a further roll out to ... Switzerland.... ?

• Any news on the BitCoin rollout?

So I missed out on the last XPS13 DE, and the new one should be ready withing the next two months.

The BitCoins are still parked and waiting.