Anytime, Anywhere, Any Device: 20GB of Dropbox Space Now Included on New Dell Devices

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog

Anytime, Anywhere, Any Device: 20GB of Dropbox Space Now Included on New Dell Devices

Last month at Dell World, we announced a partnership with Dropbox to bring industry-leading solutions to consumers and businesses.  And today, we’re excited to announce that, as of January 1st, US customers now receive 20GB of free Dropbox space for a year with the purchase of a new Dell Venue tablet or Dell XPS, Inspiron or Alienware PCs.   

As illustrated below, Dropbox will be automatically available for download when you turn on your new system via Dell Digital Delivery.  Customers can also check here for offer eligibility and to receive their free 20GB.  Additionally, by summer 2014, these Dell consumer devices will come preloaded with the Dropbox application and a 20GB account for 1 year for all customers worldwide.

Dell now offers consumers two cloud-based options for storing and accessing data. With Dropbox and/or PocketCloud, Dell customers can easily access content anywhere, on any device.  

PocketCloud--also available on all new Dell Venue tablets and XPS and Inspiron PCs-- is a great way to access files located on a home PC desktop from any device.  PocketCloud allows you to create your own personal cloud to safely and securely store and access all of your valuable content on your devices. With PocketCloud, you also can access and share any file you save to your Dropbox space from all of your computers, smartphones or tablets and even the Dropbox website.

Together Dropbox and PocketCloud help eliminate the common problems and inconveniences faced when you don’t have instantaneous access to your data, such as: “Where’s my thumb drive?” and “I forgot to download that file!” or “Mom, can you run back and get my homework?”

In the coming months, Dropbox and PocketCloud will be integrated into a seamless interface for Dell customers— creating an easy-to-use personal cloud solution that allows customers to have access to their files from anywhere that’s unsurpassed by the competition.

To post a comment login or create an account

Comment Reminder

Unrelated comments or requests for service will be unpublished. Please post your technical questions in the Support Forums or for direct assistance contact Dell Customer Service or Dell Technical Support.. All comments must adhere to the Dell Community Terms of Use.

• hello all.

I would to know how can I get the 20gb from dropbox ?

I have already installed the Dell Digital Delivery, but I could not reinstall the Dropbox application in order to get the space free (1 year).

Please let me know if you know how to do it?

Thank you!

BR,

Tarcio

• Hello Tarcio,

Detailed information about redeeming the Dell 1 year 20GB Dropbox offer is available by clicking the link below, including where to obtain a direct download of the application.  

www.dropbox.com/.../4200

Best!

Geoff

• I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 series from Costco, and the computer says it has 20g free dropbox for one right on the metal spec sheet below the keyboard.  I tried the Dell Digital Delivery and it says I have nothing.  Should I install Dropbox or how do i go about getting my 20gb upgrade?  

Thank you.

Jake

• Hi Jake - Please visit the link Geoff shared in his comment for more information. ~LPT