April, 2012

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • 5 Immutable Laws of Sales Partnership, Part 3

Continuing with our series on leaders of our channel business in Asia (see part 1 and part 2 , I would like to share some insights from Richard Lee, our new Channel Sales VP for Asia Pacific & Japan. Richard is a veteran in the IT field in Asia...
  • Intel Ivy Bridge Technology Lands in Updated Alienware Notebooks

I told you something was coming . It’s that time of year again, folks! North of the Tropic of Cancer the birds are building their nests, the flowers are blooming, and everywhere signs are appearing that nature is freshening up for summer. In...
  • Intel Ivy Bridge Goodness Coming Soon

Hello, technophiles! There’s been a lot of anticipation surrounding Intel’s next-generation processor technology, a.k.a. “Ivy Bridge.” A quick look at PC Mag’s write up on the technology goes a long way to explaining why...
  • Dell’s Rebranded PartnerDirect Logo

Since launching in 2007, our PartnerDirect program has evolved and expanded significantly. In the five years it has been in operation, its performance, offerings and achievements have exceeded industry expectations. Dell has worked hard to build trust...
  • Weekly Recap: Dell in the News - April 27th edition

Welcome to the latest edition of the Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings. Story of the Week Empowering Women and Electric Scooters: Suddenly Dell Is a Very Different Company IT Business Edge – April...
  • Plant-a-Tree for a Greener Tomorrow

You did it! More than half a million trees planted in the course of five years. On Arbor Day (April 27), Dell, Carbonfund.org Foundation and The Conservation Fund are pleased to share the success of our Plant-a-Tree Program . Since 2007, thousands...
  • IdeaStorm: April Ideas in Action Update

This month I want to review a few of the new features on IdeaStorm and let you know about our current Storm Session. Last month IdeaStorm received a new look and several new features as a part of what we have called the IdeaStorm 2.0 Project. The upgrade...
  • Dell Recognized As Top Company For Diversity

I’m excited to announce that Dell has been named a top 50 company for diversity and inclusion for the second year in a row by DiversityInc. Over the past few years, Dell has been investing in our diversity-management efforts, and it’s gratifying...
  • Dell Talks, Analysts Listen—and Tweet

Turns out analysts really like to share. We didn’t know quite how much until we invited them to Dell’s Annual Industry Analyst Conference ( #DAAC ), held this week in downtown Austin. The attendees went from telling their audiences what our...
  • Cloud Healing: The diagnosis may be killing the patient

Blogger Jessica Scarpati made the observation that we don’t argue about what is CRM or what is a router, but the industry cannot agree on virtual desktop vocabulary or cloud computing. Her entry titled, “ Three meetings to explain cloud to...