The New Alienware Aurora – A Serenade to Raw Gaming Power

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog

The New Alienware Aurora – A Serenade to Raw Gaming Power

• Comments 5
Last year’s technology may be adequate for some people, but for gamers, it just won’t do. I can tell you as a gamer that a big part of the gaming experience is immersion and that just isn’t possible when your gaming rig gets in the way. Dropped frames, low res textures and poor performance can pull you right out of the game. With games becoming more advanced and demanding by the minute, a rig that’s falling down on the job means that brand new AAA title just isn’t as shiny as it should be.

Click on images to see larger versions

If this sounds familiar to you, I’d like to introduce you to the latest and greatest Alienware gaming desktop: the brand new Alienware Aurora. It debuts today on Dell.com at a starting price of $2,199 and is, without a doubt, the most advanced Alienware desktop to date.

This beautiful machine is a serenade to raw gaming power. The systems feature Intel’s new second-generation 3000 series Core i7 six-core CPUs, the X79 Express chipset, Quad Channel DDR3 memory and are factory overclocked for extreme gaming performance. Serious power like this requires a serious (and amazingly quiet) cooling solution, so Alienware has stocked it with high-performance CPU liquid cooling and active venting as well.

With technology like this at the core, slouching on the graphics isn’t an option. This is why the new Aurora systems include dual graphics options allowing either multi-display or 3D configurations – for a beyond 1080p gaming experience just like the gaming developers intended. All Aurora graphics cards use GDDR5 memory, which is the most advanced graphics memory available.

Here's a video where Ross Anthony from the Alienware team walk you through the coolest features of the system:

And if customization is your thing, the Aurora’s internal design should be right up your alley. The chassis is designed to not only be beautiful, but also to make upgrading as user-friendly and hassle-free as possible. All the Aurora’s components are easily accessible without tools, making upgrades and maintenance a breeze, with the additional benefit of letting you show off the system’s beautiful internal layout to your envious friends with the flick of a finger.

Is your gaming rig getting in the way of your game? Alienware, as always, has the solution! Go check it out!

To post a comment login or create an account

Comment Reminder

Unrelated comments or requests for service will be unpublished. Please post your technical questions in the Support Forums or for direct assistance contact Dell Customer Service or Dell Technical Support.. All comments must adhere to the Dell Community Terms of Use.

• I love it!!! Thae design and the air fins on top look amazing.Just AWESOME!

• I still like my Alienware Area 51 :)

• @Imele: Glad to hear your Area 51 is serving you well.Hope that continues until you are ready for another.

@joegreen: I agree... and the fact that the fins open automatically to control heat makes it even better.

• I'm drooling all over my keyboard.

While I usually build my own desktops, the biggest pain is having to troubleshoot, fix, and pay for repairs on my rig. The few $100 bucks you save building your own quickly go down the drain when you have to pay for another GTX 590 after it fries. Might have to look into this bad boy when I can finally secure a financially stable job.

Great job at showing how Dell is committed to the PC gaming community. Now if you would only bring back your special edition gaming rights with World of Warcraft themes on them I'd be singing about them everywhere!

• Awesome i would buy it the day it starts selling in india. :):)

Any idea when can we expect this gaming machine in India?