Last year’s technology may be adequate for some people, but for gamers, it just won’t do. I can tell you as a gamer that a big part of the gaming experience is immersion and that just isn’t possible when your gaming rig gets in the way. Dropped frames, low res textures and poor performance can pull you right out of the game. With games becoming more advanced and demanding by the minute, a rig that’s falling down on the job means that brand new AAA title just isn’t as shiny as it should be.

Click on images to see larger versions

If this sounds familiar to you, I’d like to introduce you to the latest and greatest Alienware gaming desktop: the brand new Alienware Aurora. It debuts today on at a starting price of $2,199 and is, without a doubt, the most advanced Alienware desktop to date.

This beautiful machine is a serenade to raw gaming power. The systems feature Intel’s new second-generation 3000 series Core i7 six-core CPUs, the X79 Express chipset, Quad Channel DDR3 memory and are factory overclocked for extreme gaming performance. Serious power like this requires a serious (and amazingly quiet) cooling solution, so Alienware has stocked it with high-performance CPU liquid cooling and active venting as well.

With technology like this at the core, slouching on the graphics isn’t an option. This is why the new Aurora systems include dual graphics options allowing either multi-display or 3D configurations – for a beyond 1080p gaming experience just like the gaming developers intended. All Aurora graphics cards use GDDR5 memory, which is the most advanced graphics memory available.

Here's a video where Ross Anthony from the Alienware team walk you through the coolest features of the system: