June, 2011

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Alienware and NVIDIA Redefine Mobile Gaming Yet Again

Hardcore gamers are a peculiar breed, and I'm proud to count myself among them. Domination in our chosen arena is more important than anything else, and when our gaming hardware slouches, resulting in a failed kill or a lost match, that's just...
  • Dell in 360º – At the Center of U2’s Tour

One of the latest stops on U2’s 360º tour was in Anaheim, California. Dell was at the center of those shows along with 50+ others around the world during the past two years. I attended the show on Friday and gave some key business and technology...
  • Celebrating June LGBT Pride Month at Dell

June is the month where Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) people recognize the beginning of the LGBT Equality Movement in New York City. In June 1969, after yet another police raid on the Stonewall Inn, a local New York City gay bar, a...
  • Take part in Dell’s European healthcare IT Storage study

As the number one healthcare IT services provider in the world, Dell always needs to keep abreast of technology trends and insights that will help our customers achieve more. We are currently seeing an exponential data growth largely related to healthcare...
  • Giving our customers “The Power to do more”

Recently, you may have seen some stories about Dell’s new corporate brand campaign that we’re rolling out in the United States in media outlets such as Advertising Age , Bloomberg and the Austin American-Statesman . Beginning this week, you’ll...
  • New Dell Venue Pro Firmware Revision Coming Next Month

I know many Dell Venue Pro users have reported issues with connecting or using Wi-Fi and with lockups. Take a look at sites like XDAdevelopers.com and PocketNow.com or just spend some time reading through the #dellvenuepro hashtag to see what I’m...
  • ISTE 2011 – Unlocking Potential

It’s hard to believe that it’s already late June and ISTE is here! There are so many exciting things happening in and around Philadelphia this year – it’s going to be harder than ever to schedule your time (and stick to...
  • Alienware …it’s been a busy few months

The past few months have been very exciting for the Alienware team. Back in April, we officially announced how the company was redefining mobile gaming – again – with the addition of three new all-powerful systems, the M11x , M14x and M18x...
  • Introducing New Greener, BFR/PVC-free Business Laptop and Desktop

One of the key focus areas for end-user computing is delivering great products with customer-inspired design. As part of that design standard, Dell continues to enhance its award-winning OptiPlex desktops and Latitude laptops . We are now offering...
  • Gartner: Dell Tops in Supply Chain for 2011

Gartner released its annual supply chain report for 2011 last week with keen insights applicable to our IT-powered, OEM marketplace. Dell moved into the #2 spot ahead of Cisco, HP and IBM. One comment that struck me as immediately congruent with what...