Good Things Come in Threes: Alienware M11x R3, M14x and M18x Laptops Now Official

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog

Good Things Come in Threes: Alienware M11x R3, M14x and M18x Laptops Now Official

Today our Alienware team is redefining mobile gaming - again - with three new, all-powerful laptops, the enhanced Alienware M11x R3, the new M14x and the soon to be available M18x.

To see the webcast, check out Justin.tv/Alienware

Our teams have designed these systems with the features that are most important to gamers -- uncompromised graphics performance, latency-free wireless HD streaming to HDTVs, and lifelike 3D gaming. All three platforms offer the latest in gaming technology, and feature second-generation Intel Core i processors to deliver the most immersive high-performance gaming experience imaginable.

Let's start with the M18x, which will launch with the title of "most powerful 18-inch gaming laptop in the universe." It offers dual-graphics technology - that's up to 200 watts of graphics horsepower - from both ATI and nVidia, and the industry's only Intel Core i7 Extreme CPU option factory overclocked to 4GHz.

The M18x is our flagship laptop and a true desktop replacement. It's perfect for gamers who want to compromise nothing for blistering frame rates and full immersion in the gaming experience. In addition to the raw power this machine brings to bear, the m18x, encased in an anodized aluminum chassis, with a beautiful 18.4" FHD (1920 x 1200 pixel resolution) screen, wireless HD and 3D options, as well as HDMI-in, allows gamers a no-holds-barred machine capable of meeting even the most grueling demands of today's gamer.

Next is the M14x, which delivers unprecedented performance and portability. For gamers seeking a mobile HD gaming experience who want a balance of performance and mobility, the new 14-inch M14x offers the best of both worlds. Weighing in at less than 6.5lbs, the M14x features full-voltage Second-generation overclockable Intel Core i7 CPUs, discrete graphics and an optical disk drive. For the gaming enthusiast or anyone who needs mobile computing performance, the M14x is a mobile yet powerful option. The M14x offers updated graphics featuring the NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M with up to 3GB of graphics memory, and for the gamer on the go, optional Intel WiMAX technology or Verizon LTE to enable internet connectivity virtually anywhere. 

For the truly mobile gamer, the M11x has long been a favorite, but now it's even better. We've improved it with second-generation Intel Core i processors with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, updated graphics featuring the NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, and like the larger M14x, optional Intel WiMAX technology or Verizon LTE. The latest M11x also features a soft touch finish with a new Nebula Red option.

The M18x and the M14x (as does our m17x) offer optional wireless HD audio and video for latency-free streaming to larger screens.

All three laptops also offer HDMI 1.4 for connection to 3D-capable HDTVs for incredible, lifelike 3D gaming and SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports for up to 10x the speed of USB 2.0 connections for a new level in data transfer.

These laptops, along with the M17x announced and launched in January, represent the most-significant expansion in Alienware's portfolio in several years and arrive we celebrate our five-year anniversary as part of the Dell family. Over that time, we've expanded to provide award-winning gaming systems to a global fan base thanks to a very dedicated team that has put the customer first.

Let me know what you think of the new ones. 

To post a comment login or create an account

Comment Reminder

Unrelated comments or requests for service will be unpublished. Please post your technical questions in the Support Forums or for direct assistance contact Dell Customer Service or Dell Technical Support.. All comments must adhere to the Dell Community Terms of Use.

• I'm honestly proud that you guys are making an 18 inch brick. I'm willing to carry the extra weight to have a mobile powerhouse. I JUST bought an M11x, but apparently I can't return it after 21 days..... And it has been 28. But still, I can't wait for the M18x. If there was an alienware store, I would be camping outside.

• Also, if it ends up having sli, do you think it will be 460's or 555's?

• Very good but unfortunately will never come to Argentina!!!

Muy buena pero lamentablemente nunca va a llegar a la Argentina!!!

• I was totally ready to order the new M14x (for it's perfect size and the 555 gfx card) but I can't get Bluray or 1080p...

Will DELL update the M15x to Sandy Bridge, and if so when ?  

Can anyone Help...

• @Alienware

Great job guys, keep updating the rigs, especially the transition into using aluminium for the chassis of the 18" is something I would like to see integrated in the smaller models as well. The one thing a lot of Alienware clients complain about amongst themselves is that the chassis is made of plastic and not aluminium.

The choice for aluminium will make the laptops even more durable and if possible, lighter as well.

Keep up the good work!

@smg1170:

"It offers dual-graphics technology - that's up to 200 watts of graphics horsepower - from both ATI and nVidia"

That is what the article said, so, yes it will offer both major GPU manufacturer's graphics solutions. (ATi's Crossfire OR nVidia's SLi. The choice is left up to the customer of course.)

@KiwiMark:

Later this year, like almost every year we will be expecting to see the new revisions for the models that have not yet been updated to the new platform.

If you google around a bit you will find that the expectation for M15x's R3 is later this summer.

• smg1170. I'm glad o see that you dig the M18x. there's a reason why it's big... it's got more hardware capability than any laptop we have built.

Regarding your M11x situation, I'll reach out to you with an e-mail. If you can reply to that with a few details, I will ask someone to contact you.

Thanks,

Lionel

• I agree 100% mohitrocks27.

Dell has nothing but the worst customer service.  I was lied to about an order delivery date.  Ignoring what was promised, I never received a confirmation e-mail for the order.  So, when I went on the Dell website to check the order status, the delivery date kept changing.

I was able to reach the Dell Customer Service teams and promised to expedite the production.  THIS WAS ANOTHER LIE.  

When is Dell going to figure out the money they are saving in paying idiots overseas handle their customer service they are losing in sales.  

If I knew I had to deal with the blatant Dell idiocy to order and Alienware system, I would have bagged the order and still might do that if they do not deliver the unit by my original delivery date on order.

I called them this morning and their Customer Service agent told me they could not pull the order up because their "systems were down".  A COMPUTER COMPANY whose systems was not functions.  THAT SAYS IT ALL!

• Sadly, I had a negative experience with shipping, it wa delayed 5 days and when I asked about returning it they said it was past 21 days, but they started the 21 day count the day I order it! Not the day I recorded it! (28 days) but hopefully Lionel will be able to help so I can buy the new m11 r3!!! But my experience has always been 110% with alienware. I never understand when people say it's bad equipment. Crazy people I Guess. .

• nice!!

@Lionel: the m17x r3 should support the 485m gpu, since a lot of us m17x r3 3d owners wants to have it as an option for upgrading. I hope alienware announces that soon.. *crossing fingers* If not then, is there a way to get a full refund on my m17x r3 (no restocking fee of 15% coz thats $500+ as i spent more than $3000 on my lappy) that i just got and upgrade to the m18x?

• Can some one explain why the Canadian version of the M11xR3 has the NVIDIA GT430M while Ireland, New Zealand, US, etc... comes configured with a GT540M?

• I wonder when the M14x will be offered with multiple HDs and no optical drive .. the optical drive is usually the first thing that breaks down in laptops I have, despite me not using them that much anymore, so I can definitely live with external optical drives, ssd for boot, and standard HD for home partitions + other userfiles.

Or is that too "outerworldly" for alienware to consider? ;)

• i ordered the m11x r3. however disappointed that the customized nameplate is not yet available. can we avail of the customized nameplate once it is released?

• Just ordered my M11xR3! Can't wait. But when I was building the m14x I didn't see the option for a Verizon lte card. Weird.

• Is it true that the M15x has been discontinued and won't be released with the Sandy Bridge upgrade ?

If so I'll order the Asus equivelent as soon as it's confirmed by Dell....  very disapointed if it's true ;(

• How about the OS?  can I get windows 7 Ultimate?

• I'm honestly proud that you guys are making an 18 inch brick. I'm willing to carry the extra weight to have a mobile powerhouse. I JUST bought an M11x, but apparently I can't return it after 21 days..... And it has been 28. But still, I can't wait for the M18x. If there was an alienware store, I would be camping outside.

• Also, if it ends up having sli, do you think it will be 460's or 555's?

• Very good but unfortunately will never come to Argentina!!!

Muy buena pero lamentablemente nunca va a llegar a la Argentina!!!

• I was totally ready to order the new M14x (for it's perfect size and the 555 gfx card) but I can't get Bluray or 1080p...

Will DELL update the M15x to Sandy Bridge, and if so when ?  

Can anyone Help...

• @Alienware

Great job guys, keep updating the rigs, especially the transition into using aluminium for the chassis of the 18" is something I would like to see integrated in the smaller models as well. The one thing a lot of Alienware clients complain about amongst themselves is that the chassis is made of plastic and not aluminium.

The choice for aluminium will make the laptops even more durable and if possible, lighter as well.

Keep up the good work!

@smg1170:

"It offers dual-graphics technology - that's up to 200 watts of graphics horsepower - from both ATI and nVidia"

That is what the article said, so, yes it will offer both major GPU manufacturer's graphics solutions. (ATi's Crossfire OR nVidia's SLi. The choice is left up to the customer of course.)

@KiwiMark:

Later this year, like almost every year we will be expecting to see the new revisions for the models that have not yet been updated to the new platform.

If you google around a bit you will find that the expectation for M15x's R3 is later this summer.

• smg1170. I'm glad o see that you dig the M18x. there's a reason why it's big... it's got more hardware capability than any laptop we have built.

Regarding your M11x situation, I'll reach out to you with an e-mail. If you can reply to that with a few details, I will ask someone to contact you.

Thanks,

Lionel

• I agree 100% mohitrocks27.

Dell has nothing but the worst customer service.  I was lied to about an order delivery date.  Ignoring what was promised, I never received a confirmation e-mail for the order.  So, when I went on the Dell website to check the order status, the delivery date kept changing.

I was able to reach the Dell Customer Service teams and promised to expedite the production.  THIS WAS ANOTHER LIE.  

When is Dell going to figure out the money they are saving in paying idiots overseas handle their customer service they are losing in sales.  

If I knew I had to deal with the blatant Dell idiocy to order and Alienware system, I would have bagged the order and still might do that if they do not deliver the unit by my original delivery date on order.

I called them this morning and their Customer Service agent told me they could not pull the order up because their "systems were down".  A COMPUTER COMPANY whose systems was not functions.  THAT SAYS IT ALL!

• Sadly, I had a negative experience with shipping, it wa delayed 5 days and when I asked about returning it they said it was past 21 days, but they started the 21 day count the day I order it! Not the day I recorded it! (28 days) but hopefully Lionel will be able to help so I can buy the new m11 r3!!! But my experience has always been 110% with alienware. I never understand when people say it's bad equipment. Crazy people I Guess. .

• nice!!

@Lionel: the m17x r3 should support the 485m gpu, since a lot of us m17x r3 3d owners wants to have it as an option for upgrading. I hope alienware announces that soon.. *crossing fingers* If not then, is there a way to get a full refund on my m17x r3 (no restocking fee of 15% coz thats $500+ as i spent more than $3000 on my lappy) that i just got and upgrade to the m18x?

• Can some one explain why the Canadian version of the M11xR3 has the NVIDIA GT430M while Ireland, New Zealand, US, etc... comes configured with a GT540M?

• I wonder when the M14x will be offered with multiple HDs and no optical drive .. the optical drive is usually the first thing that breaks down in laptops I have, despite me not using them that much anymore, so I can definitely live with external optical drives, ssd for boot, and standard HD for home partitions + other userfiles.

Or is that too "outerworldly" for alienware to consider? ;)

• i ordered the m11x r3. however disappointed that the customized nameplate is not yet available. can we avail of the customized nameplate once it is released?

• Just ordered my M11xR3! Can't wait. But when I was building the m14x I didn't see the option for a Verizon lte card. Weird.

• Is it true that the M15x has been discontinued and won't be released with the Sandy Bridge upgrade ?

If so I'll order the Asus equivelent as soon as it's confirmed by Dell....  very disapointed if it's true ;(

• How about the OS?  can I get windows 7 Ultimate?