In a recent post that garnered some attention, I had said there were some new Insprion systems based on Intel's latest Core processors. Welcome Dell's new Inspiron R series laptops. That means these new machines will offer great performance across all kinds of tasks.

These new laptops will come in three sizes: 14, 15 or 17 inches. All three will support i3, i5 and i7 processors with the updated Cougar Point chipset and will also offer support for high-end features like USB 3.0, Intel Wireless Display, HDMI 1.4, SRS sound and more. What this means ia that these new laptops will be great across a variety of tasks, so if you listen to music, or edit tons of photos or video, all three of these machines have power to spare. And battery life is solid as well with the stadard 6-cell battery. With the optional 9-cell extended battery, the Inspiron 15R gets up to 13 hours.

Inspiron 14R

Performance and features are only part of the story. For these machines, Dell's offering a bit of a twist. With a simple pop and a click , you can change the look of your laptop. This new Inspiron R line featues a choice of 25 interchangeable lids whether you're just looking for a splash of color or you're going for a flashy design. To see more of what I'm talking about go to www.dell.com/SWITCH.  Heres a YouTube video that illustrates the switch functionality: