If you are a customer in the United States, Streak 7 is here. As of today, we’re selling it to customers in the United States via Dell.com and many T-Mobile stores across the country. If you’ve been interested in the Streak 7, I bet you’ve already seen reviews at sites like Crunchgear, CNET and Wired. Still, I think it’s worth spending a few minutes to give you some perspective after I’ve had a chance to use the device over the last several days.

Update, 4/25: If you're in the United States and have been waiting for the Wi-Fi only version of the Streak 7 tablet, it's available now for $399.99. More details in my post here.

The Streak 7 is built to take advantage of T-Mobile’s brand new 4G network. As of today, you can walk into many of their stores in the United States, try it out, and walk out with one. New or existing T-Mobile customers can purchase the new Streak 7 for $199 after a $50 mail-in rebate. Without a contract, the price for customers is $449. If you pay the $449 price, you can opt for the Pay-as-you-Go options that start at $25 a month. Customers on Dell.com can buy the Streak 7 for $199 with a 2-year T-Mobile contract or the same $449 price if you’d rather the Pay-as-you-Go route.

Streak 7 Tablet

Besides being able to take advantage of the T-Mobile 4G network, this thing packs some hardware under the hood. NVIDIA’s Tegra 20 dual core 1GHz processor makes Android 2.2 pretty zippy. No matter if you are cruising through Dell Stage widgets, watching high-quality video via YouTube or playing games, it’s all good. No question customers who buy the Streak 7 will want all kinds of connectivity options, and this thing delivers as well. Internal 802.11n is standard on all Streak 7 tablets. If you decide to add a 4G data plan, you’ll be able to use video chat functionality powered by Qik either via 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi. For video chatting, the Streak 7 features a 5 megapixel rear-facing camera and a 1.3 megapixel front-facing one. If you’re just looking for a phone call without video, Skype is a great option in my opinion.

Here’s a video from Kevin Andrew from the Streak development team for a quick overview of Streak 7’s features: