Tip: Follow me on Twitter @MichelleMAtDell
The latest “Story of Stuff” was released online last week. It talks all about electronics and the need for more sustainable design and responsible recycling. The Dell team was excited to see how popular this new video is, because it helps raise broader awareness about responsible recycling, something very close to our hearts.
Since Monday is America Recycles Day, I wanted to remind you of the five easy options we provide for recycling your PC and related accessories. And you can help spread the word by tweeting this: America Recycles Day 11/15! #Dell has 5 easy ways to #recycle PCs www.dell.com/recycle @storyofstuff @ETakeBack
1) Drop it off at Goodwill -- Donate any brand of used computer equipment to Reconnect — a partnership between Dell and Goodwill Industries. Your donation helps provide technology, education, training and career services to people facing economic challenges. It’s a free, convenient and tax-deductible way of de-cluttering your home office while helping others.
2) Drop it off at Staples -- we have partnered with Staples to allow Dell customers to drop off used electronics at any Staples® U.S. location for free! Now, you can pick from 1,500 stores across the U.S. to recycle your computer. While recycling other brands of computers costs $10, Dell customers can take advantage of Staples' in-store recycling program at no cost. Bring in any number of Dell-branded computers, monitors, fax machines, printers or peripherals to your closest store.
3) Arrange at-home pick-up -- We have partnered with FedEx to bring you an at-home pickup program. You can get rid of your unwanted equipment and avoid cluttering landfills without ever leaving your home or couch. Just follow the instruction here and we’ll take care of the rest.
4) Donate to the National Cristina Foundation – Computer have some life left in it? NCF provides computer technology and solutions to give people with disabilities, students at risk and economically disadvantaged persons the opportunity, through training, to lead more independent and productive lives. Drop off equipment at an NCF location nearest you or schedule a pickup. As a thank you, we offer you a 10 percent discount on your next online software or accessories purchase for your home.
5) Trade it in for something new – If your computer has value left in it, we’ll help you put that value toward a new computer or accessory. If it doesn’t, we’ll responsibly recycle it for you. Easy as that.
No matter which option you choose, make sure your recycling won’t export your e-waste to developing countries. Dell won’t.
Again, Happy America Recycles Day! Celebrate by recycling an old system or telling someone else how to do so. Get tweeting!
To post a comment
login or create an account