June, 2010

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Dell Receives a Voice of the Customer Award from Forrester Research

I’m thrilled to share that Dell has received a Forrester Research Voice of the Customer Award . The award recognizes initiatives that help companies dramatically improve how they collect, interpret and react to customer feedback. This year nearly...
  • Cybersecurity Front and Center at Symantec's Government Symposium

Several Dell team members, our customers and I participated in Symantec’s annual Government Symposium . The conference discussions focused on the increasing need for government and industry to understand all aspects surrounding their cybersecurity...
  • Dell Launches New Connected Classroom Support Services

As technology plays an increasingly important role in the modern classroom, time wasted in waiting for equipment to be fixed or replaced can cause widespread disruption to teaching and student’s learning. Last month we announced the evolution and...
  • Green IT is Smart Business

Being ‘green’ is a smart business decision as well as the right thing to do for the planet. That was the overriding message taken from the green IT event we hosted with industry analyst firm Ovum yesterday in London. I was joined at the...
  • Dell and Adobe Flash Player 10.1

Recently, Adobe Labs made the mobile version of Flash 10.1 available to Android users who are running Froyo or version 2.2 . As I mentioned in my Streak post , when the Froyo upate comes to it later this year, it too will have Flash capability. Despite...
  • Dell OEM Solutions Dives into the Deep End of the Embedded Pool

In late April, members of the Dell OEM Solutions team headed west to the Embedded Systems Conference in San Jose, CA. ESC Silicon Valley brings together system architects, design engineers, suppliers, analysts and media from all over the world to share...
  • Dell Introduces Inspiron R Laptops

Those of you who read Techmeme noticed we unveiled three new Inspiron laptops yesterday on Dell.com—the Inspiron R family, with 14- , 15- and 17-inch models. From my personal perspective the "R" stands for Redesigned - which these are...
  • Welcome to the Direct2Dell India blog

Note from Lionel: Below is a post from Ajay Arora from our Dell India team. He's a key contributor to the newest Dell blog—Direct2Dell India. It's the first country-level blog we've ever launched. Ajay's post below provides more...
  • Add a Little Green to Your Dell Buying Experience

You’ve heard us say that we’re working to make ‘being green’ easy and cost-effective for our customers. I wanted to share two new examples of how we’re doing just that. 1) The Green Store At the heart of Dell’s...
  • Alienware at E3 2010: The Recap

E3 has come and gone again, and as always, it’s been a blur. How it’s possible to cram so many sights and sounds into a short three days will always be a mystery to me. I’ll do my best to give a quick recap of what I saw and heard over the past three...