April, 2010

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Dell's Mobile Activation Center Goes Live!

Today we launched the first ever Dell Mobile Activation Center! With technology I have always wanted to buy something and for it to just work. Well, that is what a group of us inside Dell has been working on for our customers who want to activate Mobile...
  • Dell Adds New Commercial Laptops to Latitude E Family

Today Dell announced the first products of our second generation of E-family notebook computers, Products included in the announcement and currently available on Dell.com are the E6410, E6510, E6410 ATG. The second generation E-family systems are launching...
  • "The Greenest Data Center is the One You Never Build" - Reporting from Fortune Brainstorm Green

Dell's CIO Robin Johnson and Global Facilities lead Dane Parker joined Fortune editor Brian O'Keefe on stage today at Fortune Brainstorm Green to tell a story you wouldn't expect from a company that sells servers: "the greenest data center...
  • Dell Facebook Fans “Plant a Tree For a Friend”

It’s hard to believe that April 22, 2010 will be the 40 th anniversary of Earth Day . What was once an event celebrated only within the United States, Earth Day is now celebrated around the globe with hundreds of millions participating in over 184...
  • PSSST … Have I gotta deal for you!

Friends and family often reach out to me for PC buying advice, and I confess, I really do enjoy trying to help them decide which PC is right for them. Once we’ve decided on the PC, the specs, features and services ( CompleteCar e should always be...
  • Dell Community Performance Update

Earlier today, network issues caused some problems with the site. During this time, many users complained of slow page load performance. In some cases, users received timeout errors. Our teams have addressed the issues and will continue to work toward...
  • April Fools & Rumors

Yesterday an interesting rumor was picked up by Digitimes , reporting that "sources" claimed Dell and HP were "reducing their investments" in 10-inch netbooks. Within hours, other online outlets picked the story up and raised the ante...
  • Why Customer Oxygen Matters to Dell

Last week, some folks from Dell took part in Bazaarvoices' Social Commerce Summit 2010 . Manish Mehta, who leads a big part of all of our efforts in social media was invited to be part of a talented agenda of speakers . You can check out the highlights...
  • Dell Community Site Upgrade: What's New?

Today, we're ready to roll out a new version of Dell's Community site based on the Telligent Community platform . It's something that has been in the works for a long time. Over the last several weeks, we've been working with some of our...
  • Listening & Engaging 2.0: Dell at BlogWell Cincinnati

Last week, I was lucky enough to join a good group of folks at BlogWell Cincinnati to share some details on how Dell is evolving the listening model that we started back in 2006. A lot has changed since then. For one thing, monitoring tools have gotten...