April, 2010

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Why Customer Oxygen Matters to Dell

Last week, some folks from Dell took part in Bazaarvoices' Social Commerce Summit 2010 . Manish Mehta, who leads a big part of all of our efforts in social media was invited to be part of a talented agenda of speakers . You can check out the highlights...
  • Dell Services ranked as Leader by Industry Research Firm

On April 14, Gartner published its semi-annual IT Services Worldwide Market Share Database that ranks IT providers by revenue. The database measures market share on services, geographic markets and select industry segments. As a leading source of information...
  • Taking a practical approach to ITIL

At the Service Desk and IT Support Show this week, the first show attended as part of Dell, one of the most common questions from people was about getting the most out of your IT service desk. My response to this depends on how far developed the customer...
  • Ohio Considers Electronic Recycling Legislation

The Ohio legislature is considering legislation that would require producers of certain electronic products to provide free recycling to consumers when those products reach the end of their useful lives. State Rep. Dennis Murray (D-Sandusky) is the sponsor...
  • The Week The Earth Stood Still

How the Icelandic volcano's eruption impacted healthcare. I have had a recurring thought during the past week in the aftermath of the volcanic eruption on Iceland. Remember Klaatu? He was the mythical figure in the 1951 movie, The Day the Earth...
  • Draw on the service desk to roll out Windows 7

One of the biggest areas of discussion for IT at the moment is Windows 7 , Research carried out for Dell KACE has over 58% of companies looking to move over before the end of 2010, and 46% are not waiting for Service Pack 1 to come through before they...
  • Dell, EPA Collecting PCs, Accessories for Recycling Saturday in DC

It has been one green week! Evidence of Earth Day was everywhere I looked this week, especially here at Dell: We hosted global town halls for employees to learn about our green initiatives ; We celebrated becoming part of the InfoWorld...
  • Back To The Floor with A Suit That Fits.com

One of the many energising aspects of my role is meeting our extremely driven and hugely enthusiastic small business customers. Earlier this month was no exception as I met with Dell’s 2009 Global Small Business Excellence Award winner A Suit That...
  • A Sensible Approach to Being Green

Note from Lionel : Celebrate Earth Day by planting a tree for your Facebook friends . Check out Chris Byrd's post for more). Also, in case you haven't seen, Dell has been named to the 2010 InfoWorld Green 15 . At Dell, idealism meets pragmatism...
  • Dell Facebook Fans “Plant a Tree For a Friend”

It’s hard to believe that April 22, 2010 will be the 40 th anniversary of Earth Day . What was once an event celebrated only within the United States, Earth Day is now celebrated around the globe with hundreds of millions participating in over 184...