Alienware M15x BIOS Correction

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog

Alienware M15x BIOS Correction

Some of you may have read on Engadget recently about problems with the M15x's A03 BIOS. I wanted to chime in here and let everyone know what happened, what's happening, and what to do if you've been affected by this.

On Friday a BIOS revision was posted to our web site, and unfortunately there was a problem with the installation package for the program. Some people who installed the BIOS reported that their systems would no longer boot after flashing the BIOS. This problem was quickly discovered, and the BIOS revision has been removed from our web site on Saturday.

It is important to note that the problem isn't with the A03 BIOS itself, so if your M15x shipped with this BIOS revision, there is no cause for alarm. You also shouldn't worry if you installed the BIOS from the web site and you aren't seeing any problems. If your system boots, all is well.

For those of you who are affected by this issue, our technical support team has been fully apprised of the situation, and can quickly identify the issue and present you with the available options.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused some of you, and assure you that this will be quickly remedied.

Those of you in the United States can use phone numbers on this page to contact Dell Technical Support.

For those outside the United States:

• Go to support.dell.com
  • At the very bottom of the page, select your country in the Choose a Country/Region field
  • Choose Contact Us on the left hand side
  • Click on the More Details link in the Contact Tech Support section
  • Click on the green Telephone button under the Call Tech Support section

If you still need help after contacting technical support, please let me know in the comments below. Thanks for your patience through this process.

To post a comment login or create an account

Comment Reminder

Unrelated comments or requests for service will be unpublished. Please post your technical questions in the Support Forums or for direct assistance contact Dell Customer Service or Dell Technical Support.. All comments must adhere to the Dell Community Terms of Use.

• sorry but all you basically said in this post is that if your laptop doesn't start, bring it in

i dont mean to unleash all of my pent up rage on you but my sxps 1645 has the same problem and a fix was supposed to come out yesterday.... so much for that

i need to make the decision whether i should return this thing or maybe wait and see what happens

such a complication problem for a simple fix

• hockey: Right now, we're still looking into the details. We'll share more on this as when we have made more progress.

• sorry but all you basically said in this post is that if your laptop doesn't start, bring it in

i dont mean to unleash all of my pent up rage on you but my sxps 1645 has the same problem and a fix was supposed to come out yesterday.... so much for that

i need to make the decision whether i should return this thing or maybe wait and see what happens

such a complication problem for a simple fix

• hockey: Right now, we're still looking into the details. We'll share more on this as when we have made more progress.