December, 2009 - Direct2Dell - Direct2Dell Blog Gallery - Dell Community

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • What To Do With Your Old Computer

I once let a CRT monitor live in the bottom of my home office closet for about two years. I didn’t WANT it living there, but I honestly had no idea what else to DO with it. I knew enough to know it shouldn’t go in the garbage… but my...
  • Dell’s Vision: Seamless Connections

As we head into 2010, one thing is clear… this is very much a mobile world we live in. And since we don’t stay put, neither should our computing and communication tools. However the real value has never been about the tools themselves, but...
  • Dell Order Delays

We’re seeing some online activity in blogs , forums and from customers on Twitter like @kevincully and @dstxus reacting to order delays. Especially at this time of year, we are sorry for the frustration. The reality is that we are seeing increased...
  • Latitude ON | FLASH—Latitude ON's Little Brother

Back in September of 2009 we started shipping Latitude ON. The original version is an OMAP-based add-in card that delivers instant access and all day battery life for business users of the Dell E4200 , E4300 and most recently the Latitude Z . Recently...
  • A High School Student's Perspective on COP15

Note from Lionel: Following up on Mark Newton's overview of COP15 , I thought this might be interesting to some of our readers. The following blog post is a guest post from Becca A. , who is a high school student that spent some time at UNICEF Children's...
  • High Fashion Goes High Tech: A Suit That Fits Wins Global Dell Small Business Excellence Award

Earlier this fall, our President of Dell Small and Medium Business Steve Felice sat on a panel of small business experts to choose the global Dell Small Business Excellence Award winner – an annual award that recognizes small businesses for their...
  • Dell and the COP15 in Copenhagen

Last week, in a chilly Copenhagen, The United Nations kicked off its 15 th Climate Change Conference – COP 15 . As you’ll probably already know due to the scope of coverage surrounding this event, the summit is an opportunity for government...
  • Storm Sessions Launch on IdeaStorm

It's hard to believe it's been almost three years since Dell launched IdeaStorm . We opened IdeaStorm in February 2007 and were amazed that there were 2,000 ideas submitted within the first few weeks. And after seeing the volume of Linux-related...
  • Dell Launches Mobile Clinical Computing in Europe at MEDICA 2009

Earlier this month, I had the opportunity to represent Dell at this year’s MEDICA Fair in Düsseldorf, Germany. MEDICA is the world’s largest trade fair for international experts from the medical industry to catch up with innovations,...
  • Unified Fabric: What’s the Big Deal?

Note from Lionel: Sharon collaborated with Steve Luning, Dell Fellow and VP of storage and networking architecture in the Office of the CTO for this post below. This fall, Dell is rolling out unified fabric solutions based on 10-gigabit Ethernet. Why...