October, 2009

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Let Dell Upgrade a New Windows 7 PC for You

Update: I've closed comments on this thread to centralize them under my new post about the Windows 7 Upgrade Kit Process . If you have questions or concerns about it, I encourage you to leave a comment there. For those of you who are waiting for...
  • Ubuntu Linux 9.04 - Technical Details

Note from Lionel: It's been a while since I've talked about Linux on Direct2Dell. Shortly after Ubuntu 9.04 was released in April 2009, we had a request from IdeaStorm user Shannon VanWagner to start pre-loading 9.04 . Though it's late, we're...
  • What You Need to Know About the Windows 7 Upgrade Process

It’s been a busy time since Windows 7 launched last week. Many customers who bought systems after June 26 have registered for upgrade kits to move from Vista to the of Windows 7. So many, in fact, that we've had to address performance issues...
  • Dell Highlights Green Leadership with U.S. Congress

I had the pleasure this week of sharing Dell’s environmental achievements and commitments with Members of the United States Congress. I testified at a hearing of the Subcommittee on Government Management, Organization, and Procurement, meant to...
  • Sharing UK experiences on B2B social media

Note from Lionel: Below is a guest post from Neville Hobson . He and Shel Holtz continue to be a big influence on me as a blogger and communicator. If you're interested in social media and its impact on communications not already familiar with their...
  • Windows 7 Migration and IT Expert Voice Site

Recently on Direct2Dell, we’ve hit you over the head with several consumer-focused Windows 7 blog posts , but the fact is that Windows 7 has a lot of implications for businesses as well. It’s no secret that many companies are still running...
  • Make Your Own Statement With Dell Design Studio

This is one of those days I really enjoy as a Dell employee. Today in New York, Alex Gruzen and Ed Boyd are unveiling an update to our Dell Design Studio , and it’s pretty amazing – a phrase I don’t use lightly. If you’re the kind...
  • Media Center Rocks on Windows 7

If you’re interested in Windows 7, you’ve probably seen lots of positive blog posts and reviews about its overall functionality. Gizmodo’s Windows 7: The Complete Guide is a good example. In my experience, Windows 7 works well. The clean...
  • Dell & Windows 7: A Winning Combination for Customers

The whole Dell team is thrilled to help bring Windows 7 to our customers! I am in New York today where there is great excitement and anticipation over the launch of Win 7 ...happening here and in many other parts of the world including London, Paris,...
  • UK heroes tread the path to success

Last week I had the pleasure of hosting the launch of our Take Your Own Path campaign in the UK - our seventh country launch in Dell's first globally integrated marketing campaign for SMBs. The event was held at the St. Pancras Grand, an art nouveau...