Dell Mini 9: Slight Return

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog

Dell Mini 9: Slight Return

• Comments 2
Back in June, some customers were disappointed that we stopped selling the Inspiron Mini 9. For those customers, we're offering it for a limited time.

If you wanted to order a Mini 9 in the past but did not get around to it, you have four days to change that from this link.

Instead of telling the story myself, the Mini 9 wanted to share the details. It turns out she's a pretty good writer. Who am I to keep that from happening?

With that, here's a few words from the Mini 9:

A few months ago Anne C. was kind enough publish a post about my retirement. It was an bittersweet moment for me – being the “eldest” of the Dell Inspiron Mini portfolio, but my siblings the Mini 10 and the Mini 10v have been introduced, and frankly are capable of offering anything I can, plus more. Imagine my surprise when I got the call to return for a limited engagement. I checked my 401(k) and saw that it really wasn’t at the point I needed it to be to support a comfortable retirement, so I have agreed to return.

I am back, for a limited time, and for now can be found as part of a few key limited time promotional deals on dell.com. Both Ubuntu (starting at $199) and XP versions are available, as are a few color options (Obsidian Black and Alpine White are standard, Jade Green and Promise Pink add $40). Not to sound immodest, but I do want to acknowledge and thank my fan club members who expanded my pre-retirement horizons with various mods and hacks. I hope to renew our acquaintance, even if for a short time and continue our adventures. I do want to assure that this will be my last appearance – I disdain those “final sales” campaigns that seem to go on perpetually. Next time I retire, it will be for good.

To post a comment login or create an account

Comment Reminder

Unrelated comments or requests for service will be unpublished. Please post your technical questions in the Support Forums or for direct assistance contact Dell Customer Service or Dell Technical Support.. All comments must adhere to the Dell Community Terms of Use.

• This is exactly the right kind engagement.  Lots of excitement around this.  I love to see these types of programs pop up.  Very cool product too!

• Thanks for this.  For those of us who don't need "and more,"  (and don't want to pay more), this is a much-appreciated extension.  Keep in mind that many of us are willing to sacrifice features for a lower price.