June, 2009 - Direct2Dell - Direct2Dell Blog Gallery - Dell Community

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • GPS and Wi-Fi Positioning Coming to the Mini 10

With the recent buzz around the forthcoming TomTom navigation app for the iPhone and recent report that demand for GPS devices is expected to grow steadily over the next few years, there's no question that there's a lot of interest in the technology...
  • Vostro 1220: no-compromise ultraportable laptop

You’ve heard a lot in the past few weeks about Dell’s new enterprise solutions for small and medium businesses . At the other end of the spectrum, we’re also helping redefine the way small businesses think about mobile computing. ...
  • Getting Even Closer To Our Medium Business Customers

Dell’s first ever SMB Customer Advisory Council Meeting took place in the UK last week – and I’m delighted to say it was a big success! We invited 13 of our medium-sized UK customers to our Executive Briefing Centre in Bracknell for...
  • Rackspace Cloud Event - Expect a Hybrid Approach in the Short-Term

Last week I had the opportunity to join my colleagues at Rackspace at a customer event at the New York Stock Exchange where they shared their vision for the future of cloud computing. The evening began with cocktails on The NYSE Trading Floor where...
  • Recession: A Good Time to Start a Business?

While it might seem contrary, starting a business in a recession can actually be a good idea. With so many people getting laid off, people are struggling to find sources of income. Many with that entrepreneurial drive are starting new businesses....
  • Dell and the Windows 7 Upgrade Program

For those that have been keeping up with Microsoft's Windows 7 development effort , Brandon over at Microsoft made it official today—the Windows 7 upgrade program will be here tomorrow on June 26. That's when we will begin Dell's Windows...
  • Win an Alienware M17x in 140 characters or less

Earlier this week Alienware started a new and exciting venture in social media including a series of giveaways on Twitter. All through this week we’re giving away a series of prizes such as Alienware watches , Alienware briefcases , and Alienware...
  • Dell Launches Treat Yourself Campaign

Launched June 20th, Dell's latest TV commercial entitled " Treats " invites consumers to Treat Yourself to one of Dell's colorful Inspiron laptops . The 30-second spot, created by Mother New York , highlights Dell's ability to deliver...
  • Today's Entrepreneurs Teach Tomorrow's Business Leaders

Earlier this month, a group of Graduate MBA Students from the George Washington University School of Business ( GWSB ) participated in an interactive judging session to select the Top 10 entries in the United States for the 2009 global Dell Small Business...
  • Update on Dell Blog Consolidation

I had mentioned in a previous post that we would feature all product launch content on Direct2Dell itself, and that I would share more details about our plans to consolidate some of the Dell main blogs . I wanted to take a few minutes to give you an update...