May, 2009

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • The Lifestyle Connection

We recently created a new lifestyle destination on Dell.com to showcase our most stylish and innovative products, and connect primarily with women. It’s generated a fair amount commentary and a good deal of feedback – lots of it positive,...
  • Wanted: Your Feedback on Future Dell Mini Netbooks

With all the speculation and interest being generated by the Dell Inspiron Mini line and netbooks in general, we’ve taken a couple of steps to augment how our product developers listen to customer wants and needs. First, we’ve posted to...
  • Best Buy Customers Now Have a Choice

Dell has been selling systems at Best Buy for over a year now and to say that there has been some confusion on support is putting it mildly. Many Dell customers, like brlfqq and Ron Schenone , show examples of customers who were bounced around between...
  • The Mini is Now Mighty

What do (PRODUCT) RED™, Passion Purple, Spiderman and Digital TV all have in common? The Dell Inspiron Mini of course! Today we are adding a few more goodies to the Mini family or specific family members. Let’s start with the updates that...
  • And the $50,000 winner is....

Dell and the RGK Center for Philanthropy & Community Service at The University of Texas awarded the $50,000 Dell Social Innovation Competition grand prize last night to the best new student idea to change the world. Over 1100 student from 250 universities...
  • Ubuntu Now Available for Mini 10 Customers in the United States and Canada

Over the last few weeks. we’ve been adding more features and options to the Inspiron Mini 10 , which will allow folks to personalize the popular companion device even more like a 720p HD edge-to-edge display, a bigger battery option and five Design...
  • Latitude 2100: Dell Netbook for Schools

You may have seen some speculation that we would launch a new Dell netbook in time for the back-to-school season. Starting today, customers in the Americas and Europe can order the sub-three pound Latitude 2100 netbook at a starting price of $369. These...
  • My Thoughts on Dell’s First Social Marketing Bootcamp

I wanted to follow on my blog post from last week with a quick summary of a few things at last week’s Executive Social Media Bootcamp. Before I do, for people who want to take a look at the slides we presented, I uploaded them to Dell’s Official...
  • Dell Mini 10v is Official

Speculation from Engadget recently kicked off some activity in the blogosphere regarding Dell’s netbook plans. Here’s what I can make official: today, we’re introducing the Mini 10v for customers in United States, Canada, and EMEA. APJ...
  • The Dell Studio 14z Laptop: Great Option for School (and Elsewhere)

Today we unveiled a sweet new laptop in the US and Canada, the Studio 14z , just in time for those of you looking for that “perfect” laptop for school. I like this notebook a lot, because it’s a true “thin and light” that...