May, 2009

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • The Lifestyle Connection

We recently created a new lifestyle destination on Dell.com to showcase our most stylish and innovative products, and connect primarily with women. It’s generated a fair amount commentary and a good deal of feedback – lots of it positive,...
  • Wanted: Your Feedback on Future Dell Mini Netbooks

With all the speculation and interest being generated by the Dell Inspiron Mini line and netbooks in general, we’ve taken a couple of steps to augment how our product developers listen to customer wants and needs. First, we’ve posted to...
  • Best Buy Customers Now Have a Choice

Dell has been selling systems at Best Buy for over a year now and to say that there has been some confusion on support is putting it mildly. Many Dell customers, like brlfqq and Ron Schenone , show examples of customers who were bounced around between...
  • The Mini is Now Mighty

What do (PRODUCT) RED™, Passion Purple, Spiderman and Digital TV all have in common? The Dell Inspiron Mini of course! Today we are adding a few more goodies to the Mini family or specific family members. Let’s start with the updates that...
  • And the $50,000 winner is....

Dell and the RGK Center for Philanthropy & Community Service at The University of Texas awarded the $50,000 Dell Social Innovation Competition grand prize last night to the best new student idea to change the world. Over 1100 student from 250 universities...
  • Ubuntu Now Available for Mini 10 Customers in the United States and Canada

Over the last few weeks. we’ve been adding more features and options to the Inspiron Mini 10 , which will allow folks to personalize the popular companion device even more like a 720p HD edge-to-edge display, a bigger battery option and five Design...
  • My Thoughts on Dell’s First Social Marketing Bootcamp

I wanted to follow on my blog post from last week with a quick summary of a few things at last week’s Executive Social Media Bootcamp. Before I do, for people who want to take a look at the slides we presented, I uploaded them to Dell’s Official...
  • Dell Mini 10v is Official

Speculation from Engadget recently kicked off some activity in the blogosphere regarding Dell’s netbook plans. Here’s what I can make official: today, we’re introducing the Mini 10v for customers in United States, Canada, and EMEA. APJ...
  • The Dell Studio 14z Laptop: Great Option for School (and Elsewhere)

Today we unveiled a sweet new laptop in the US and Canada, the Studio 14z , just in time for those of you looking for that “perfect” laptop for school. I like this notebook a lot, because it’s a true “thin and light” that...
  • Dell Mini 10v and Other Operating Systems

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about netbooks via IdeaStorm and through @Dell_Mini on Twitter since we asked you to join us last week. Since then, we've received lots of ideas and have over 150 followers on Twitter. We look forward to your continued...