SXSW Judging by all the chatter on Twitter, many of you are excited that South by Southwest Interactive gets underway this Friday (folks in town early might want to take advantage of early registration tomorrow). I thought now was a good time to explain what Dell would be up to during the festival and to take a few minutes to talk about the panels we’re excited about checking out.

We’ll have Dell folks on hand at this year’s Screenburn event to show off the latest from Dell and Alienware in gaming notebooks and desktops. You’ll be able to see flagship gaming desktops like Alienware’s Area 51 750i and X58, and Dell’s XPS 630 and 730x systems. On the notebook side, you can check out Alienware’s M15x, the M17x and the new M17, Dell’s XPS M1730 and more. Beyond hardware, we’ll be showcasing gaming technologies like NVIDIA’s GeForce 3D Vision, which automatically converts standard PC games into stereoscopic 3D and Sixense Entertainment's TrueMotion controller which provides pinpoint accuracy for gesture-based gaming.

Several folks from Dell will be attending some of the almost 500 panel sessions. It’s hard to narrow down a few from such a good list of panels happening during SXSW. Here’s my take on a few that stand out:

If you haven’t started mapping out your schedule, take a look at http://sxsw2009.sched.org. The scheduler makes it easy to mark the panels you want to attend and share it with others. I’m still tweaking mine since there’s so many tough decisions to make, but you can see my latest at http://sxsw2009.sched.org/lionelatdell.

Me and some of the Dell folks will be sharing our thoughts about the sessions and other Dell activities on Twitter and in the Events category of Direct2Dell. In addition to spending time in panels, we’ll be at places like TechSet’s Blogger Lounge or @RichardatDell’s not-so-little AllHat shindig on Sunday. We may even have some hardware with us from time to time.

There’s tons of SXSW tips on Twitter and on blog posts all over the web, but I thought @kathywarren provided some good restaurant tips and went a step further by plotting them on Google Maps here.  Besides that, if you haven’t left yet, be sure to bring a jacket for the first couple of days—it’s going to be uncharacteristically chilly until Sunday.

If you see us and want to chat… just let us know. Best way to touch base with us during the show is via Twitter. Here’s a list of most of us that will be there:

Here’s our collective schedules if you’re interested. We’ll see you when you get here!