March, 2009

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Voices of the ReGeneration: Alexandra Cousteau

The ReGeneration is on the move! To make it easier for customers, Dell employees and stakeholders to find and participate in our conversations about the environment, we’re moving the best of our ReGeneration.org blog over here to Direct2Dell. You’ll...
  • Michael Discusses IT Innovation in Beijing

Last week, Michael was in Japan and China, meet with customers, business leaders and government officials. He also delivered a speech to international reporters during a press conference in Beijing. In the eight-minute video below, Michael discussed how...
  • ScaleMP Takes Newest Dell Server Solution for a Spin

In the post from last week , Steve Felice explains how small and medium businesses can benefit from our newest enterprise solutions. When smaller companies grow, the necessary technology changes often fall into the hands of the president or CEO. Even...
  • Intel Launches Nehalem, The Xeon 5500 Series Processor Family

Today, Intel introduced the Xeon (R) 5500 series processor, known recently in the industry by its code name Nehalem . We characterize the Xeon 5500 as the most important server technology launch for Intel since the introduction of the Pentium Pro processer...
  • New Inspiron Desktops Add Color to the Mix

Today in China, we’re introducing a couple of new desktops with a splash of color. The new Inspiron desktops will come in two different case options: mini-tower and slim. Both versions can be ordered in any of the following eight colors: Piano Black...
  • Return of the 3D

Two years ago, Dell went into the virtual world of Second Life to begin learning about this new environment and to prepare for the 3D web that many say is coming one day. But, a quick look around and you see that 3D is already here! Rapid Growth of...
  • Hey, Whatcha Doin’ This Saturday Night?

Wanna turn off the lights? Seriously. Everybody’s doing it. Maybe I should explain. Back in 2007 the city of Sydney, Australia, started something called “ Earth Hour .” On a specified night at a specified time, 2.2 million homes...
  • IdeaStorm Recap - 3/27/2009

We have 5 idea updates today from IdeaStorm: I assume everyone has seen the buzz on the new Adamo launch. And as Vejay_s suggested, we have implemented a new category for Adamo on IdeaStorm - Adamo Products Link in Site . Your ideas have started to...
  • Statco: A down economy is the right time for an online refresh

For the past several months, the Small Business Blog and other entrepreneurial blogs have focused on the importance of investing in marketing, even in a down economy. Growing your online presence, SEO,Twitter, social networks, are several new marketing...
  • Get the Right Parts for Your Dell - Dell System Analyzer Button

Last summer, Lionel wrote a post about our web-based tool that we call System Analyzer . We designed to take the guesswork out of system upgrades. So, why re-visit? Because I continue to get questions from customers on the topic, and because I recently...