February, 2009

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Dell's Mini 10 Packs a Punch

Many of you have been keeping track of the Mini 10 since we previewed some details at CES . Starting today, we'll begin taking preorders from customers in the United States through QVC . U.S. online availability through Dell.com will follow soon after—it's...
  • Initial Battery Charge for the Mini 9

I’ve been getting a couple of e-mails and hearing from a few customers like ecoates1980 via Twitter and others like mrbofus who started this forum thread to say that the batteries on their Mini 9 either don’t seem to be charging at all, or...
  • Twerrific News—New Dell Deals Exclusive to Twitter

Lots of readers have seen blog posts like those in VentureBeat and CNET that mentions Dell has generated over $1 million in revenue. While we're pleased with that, it's pretty clear that we can do even more. Beginning today, Dell will offer...
  • Social Innovation, IT, Green Key Themes at Clinton Global Initiative University Summit

The Clinton Global Initiative University Summit (CGI-U) opened today at the University of Texas at Austin . CGI-U was launched last year as a means for university students to gain the skills and knowledge that will help them tackle global problems with...
  • Multimedia and Then Some: The Studio XPS 435 Desktop

Like I mentioned recently , today is the day that customers in the United States and Canada can order for the Studio XPS 435 desktop via Dell.com. Pricng starts at $1,099. This monster of a desktop will be available initially to customers in the U.S....
  • An Introduction

In the coming weeks, I’ll be writing more about the inspiration and perspiration behind Adamo by Dell , and thought you might want to know a bit more about who I am . I am Vice President of Consumer Experience & Design at Dell, and each day...
  • Post Your Idea and Change the World!

Students: this is your chance to change the world. TAKE IT! If you haven’t already submitted your ideas to the Dell Social Innovation Competition , it’s not too late. The entry deadline is Monday, March 2, 2009. Not sure...
  • An ‘Absolute’ Approach to Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction

The Stern Review on the Economics of Climate Change concluded in October 2006 that "stabilization requires that annual emissions be brought down to more than 80 percent below current levels" by mid-century and if un-addressed "the overall...
  • Dell Oklahoma City Goes 100 Percent Green

A few minutes ago, our dedicated facilities team wrote the latest chapter in our effort to become the ‘greenest’ technology company on the planet. We’re partnering with Oklahoma Gas and Electric to power our our 240,000 square-foot campus...
  • Dell Launches New Education Community -- Edu4U

Education is an important part of life. We’re all students at some point…in fact, maybe forever, in some respects. We’ve all benefited from great teachers. And we all know how important our parents are in shaping our thinking from the...