January, 2009

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Dell Social Innovation Competition: Is Your Idea Good Enough to Win $50,000?

Today, we are unveiling the Dell Social Innovation Competition site. It is a place where university students from around the globe can make a difference in the world by putting great ideas into action. To make it happen, we partnered with the RGK Center...
  • IdeaStorm Recap - 1/30/2009

We have quite a few updates on Ideas Implemented over the last few weeks. Check them out! Dell's Website must work with Firefox running on Linux More RAM! Sell more desktops without monitors, keyboards, etc Smaller rubber feet that...
  • Q&A With Dr. Yvette Marrin of the National Cristina Foundation

The ReGeneration is on the move! To make it easier for customers, Dell employees and stakeholders to find and participate in our conversations about the environment, we’re moving the best of our ReGeneration.org blog over here to Direct2Dell. You’ll...
  • How to choose a pay-per-lead (lead generation) company

If your business has seen sales decline in past months, you're not alone. Our first instinct when cash isn't coming in is usually to cut spending, but the current recession actually presents a great opportunity to create future sales- if you spend...
  • Dell Makes Prominent Sustainability List

As a result of the input of our customers and hard work of our employees, 2009 is ramping up to be a banner year for our sustainability efforts here at Dell. Our packaging announcement last month has been getting some attention from IT and environmental...
  • Andy Sernovitz on WOMMA and the Blog Council

I first met Andy Sernovitz in person when I interviewed him back in November of 2006 at the time we were unveiling our Blog Policy that we developed with the Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA to a lot of folks). For those of you who aren’t...
  • Passion Doesn’t Make Payroll

Passion, passion, passion. Motivational speakers and writers will tell you if you are passionate about what you do, you will succeed. Sure, and I can flap my arms and fly to the moon. Okay, I’m not being cynical. I agree passion is important...
  • A New (Virtual) Frontier for Ethics

The Ethics Resource Center , I must admit, did not sound at first like it would be the most exciting organization. But, they asked me to come speak at their Fellows Program about what Dell has done in Second Life , and I'll talk to anyone who will...
  • TechKnowledge: A Conversation with Brett Hurt, CEO of Bazaarvoice

He started programming when he was seven and he built his first bulletin board system at the age of ten, so I guess it’s no surprise that Brett Hurt grew up to become a technology entrepreneur. Brett is Founder and CEO of Bazaarvoice , a leader...
  • Small Business Profile: Ascent by Precisio

A couple weeks ago DELL-Bob P talked with Shaun McInerney and Michael Trent of Precisio about inventory management for small businesses and their new solution Ascent . After reading the initial post, I discovered that they were beginning to explore social...