December, 2008

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • New Fixes Now Live

Earlier this evening, we just rolled out several fixes to Dell’s Community site. This is just the tip of the iceberg, but we’ll continue working to fix things that are important to our customers. Some things like moving the Browse by Content...
  • The Real Meaning of Being Green

Several Dell folks were surprised and perplexed to see Apple's new "green" MacBook ad since its release last month and we've been watching the discussions in the blogosphere. After chatting with our environmental teams about the topic...
  • Happy Holidays from Dell

To all Direct2Dell readers out there, I wanted to take a minute to wish you all the best during the holiday season. Over the next couple of days, several members from the Dell Community team will be spending time with our friends and family. If you need...
  • Direct2Dell Interview with Robert Scoble About China

Folks who are regular readers of Scobleizer know that Robert spent some time in China last month. He had previously visited there 12 years earlier, and not surprisingly, things had changed dramatically. Jacqui Zhou recently published a post on Direct2Dell...
  • Overclocking the XPS 730X Explained

There’s something alluring about squeezing every last possible drop of performance out of your gaming hardware. It’s difficult to be an avid PC game fan without being a technophile, and it’s hard to be a technophile without pushing your...
  • Dell Design Studio Opens Its Doors

Note from Lionel: Last month, BusinessWeek interviewed Ed Boyd , our VP of design for our Consumer products. Personalization has been a strategy for us for a while now, but we’re looking to push things further on this front. In that story, Ed made...
  • My Saturday Morning – How Online Video is Changing our Viewing Habits

I spent an hour or so this Saturday morning watching the latest news, opinions and hearing about interesting trends at my Latitude E4200 in my living room with a nice cup of coffee. Nothing unusual, but it did dawn on me that, once again, my wonderfully...
  • IdeaStorm Recap - 12/5/2008

I said I would get back on my regular schedule of ever 2 weeks so here I am! First of all, I would like to welcome some of our new users that have become quite active on IdeaStorm with new ideas - dumzki , putt and Fanfoot . Websterh has been commenting...
  • TechKnowledge: A Conversation with Rashmi Sinha, Cofounder & CEO of SlideShare

If you were asked who is the “YouTube of slides”, what would you say? If you answer with “ SlideShare ," then I would argue you are correct. I caught up recently with Rashmi Sinha, Cofounder & CEO of SlideShare during...
  • Dell Consumer Hosted First Retail Partner Summit

Recently Dell China Consumer had its first Retail Partner Summit. More than 300 local retail partners gathered in Sichuan Province to celebrate their stellar performance, share success stories and gain a better understanding of Dell's retail strategy...