December, 2008

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Challenges and Rewards of Going Green

Thanks in large part to our customers, employees and suppliers, we’re making significant progress against our goal of becoming the ‘greenest’ technology company on the planet. We offer the industry’s only free and worldwide recycling...
  • Is attention the new 'work ethic' for the information age?

Small businesses, just like big business, struggle with accommodating the work personality of GenY . With numerous social networks and other online communication tools, it can be difficult to determine if your employees are working or just socializing...
  • TechKnowledge: A Conversation with Richard Jalichandra, CEO of Technorati

I recently caught up with Richard Jalichandra , CEO of Technorati , the world’s largest blog search engine during his visit to Austin. With over 900,000 blog posts every day and more than 200 million blogs in the world today, there is an amazing...
  • Happy Holidays from Dell

To all Direct2Dell readers out there, I wanted to take a minute to wish you all the best during the holiday season. Over the next couple of days, several members from the Dell Community team will be spending time with our friends and family. If you need...
  • Tweetup Turns into Virtual World Salon

I've never thought I fit neatly into any particular one of Malcom Gladwell's Tipping Point categories , but it was great fun the play the part of connector recently when we hosted a virtual kaffeeklatsch at the coffee shop on Dell's main island...
  • 10 Minute Social Media: Week 3 - Online Communities

So, by now you’ve found a few blogs you enjoy reading and you’ve stepped out of your comfort zone and responded to a few. Maybe you said “Thanks for a great post!” or “I agree” and shared an example. Maybe you were...
  • Direct2Dell Interview with Robert Scoble About China

Folks who are regular readers of Scobleizer know that Robert spent some time in China last month. He had previously visited there 12 years earlier, and not surprisingly, things had changed dramatically. Jacqui Zhou recently published a post on Direct2Dell...
  • Top 11 applications to network and grow your business

Every day, numerous small businesses around the nation will fail; the question is, why? What distinguishes a successful business from one that can't seem to stay afloat? The easy answer, and the one that would most likely be given if I were to take...
  • IdeaStorm Recap - 12/19/2008

We have made some more changes to IdeaStorm in the last few weeks based on your feedback. We have added points to your profile box per the suggestion of haloman with No points for posting(I don't whant them) and your points should be in your profile...
  • Small Business Advice. TV – Using social networking for small businesses

In the third episode of www.smallbusinessadvice.tv , we turn our attention to the world of social networking. On the show this week we’re joined by two experts in this ever-growing field, Robin Grant , Managing Director of We Are Social and Jamie...