Small Business Tech Tip: Toggle Through Windows without a Mouse

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog

Small Business Tech Tip: Toggle Through Windows without a Mouse

Yes, your mouse works just fine, but you can also toggle through open application windows via the keyboard. Using the Alt+Tab key combination, you can toggle through application windows without your hands leaving the keyboard.  I like the fact that applications are in order from most recently used. 

You can read more about this key combination’s functionality in the Wikipedia entry about Alt+Tab

To post a comment login or create an account

Comment Reminder

Unrelated comments or requests for service will be unpublished. Please post your technical questions in the Support Forums or for direct assistance contact Dell Customer Service or Dell Technical Support.. All comments must adhere to the Dell Community Terms of Use.

• Frances Harper

I have a inspiron 1501 laptop and would like a tour of my keyboard. the number keys are above other letters or symbols and I am used to a separate number pad. I  don't seem to have the knack to toggle between the numbers lock keyand caps lock key in order to use my number pad. Do you have a video using these keys?

• Frances Harper

I have a inspiron 1501 laptop and would like a tour of my keyboard. the number keys are above other letters or symbols and I am used to a separate number pad. I  don't seem to have the knack to toggle between the numbers lock keyand caps lock key in order to use my number pad. Do you have a video using these keys?