July, 2008

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Buzzwords are fun again

Buzzwords seem to be everywhere these days. Every profession, industry and group seem to have their own special list of words and phrases that are meant to show authority on a subject - but instead come across as supercilious and silly. I often find myself...
  • Dell Introduces Vostro 2510 – Red is the new Black

Today we’ve launched a powerful, feature-rich Vostro laptop which will appeal to the power user on-the-go. Ideal for small businesses with simple networks, the new Vostro 2510 laptop (more pictures here ), with its cherry red exterior, can meet...
  • Allow Your Voice to be Heard

Here at Dell, we are partnering with our friends at Microsoft as they hit cities across the country with their “Get a more powerful PC” campaign. They are helping to raise awareness of our partnership with (RED) TM and their mission to eliminate...
  • Linux Symposium 2008 follow-up

I'm back, having made the annual pilgramage to Ottawa for this year's Linux Symposium . I went to present about Fedora 's MirrorManager application I've been writing over the past 18 months, to hear about new developments across Linux...
  • Drivers & Downloads Enhancements

Many of you have asked for updates to the Drivers & Downloads application on Support.Dell.com . In an effort to implement some of the changes you asked for, we recently completed a global launch of a number of new enhancements that addresses many...
  • Not a Second Life Killer, but a Lively Addition to the 3D Space

It had been rumored for quite some time that Google was looking to move into the virtual world space. Many of us with an interest in 3D platforms had tried in vain to get details on what they were cooking up. Speculation was that they were building something...
  • What exactly does “going wireless” really mean?

Wireless isn't just a single technology. It is actually a whole collection of them -- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, wireless WAN, ultra broadband and others, which are all a part of everyday life. From a home/office wireless setup, to Global Hot Spots, do you...
  • Tweeting with the Computer Repair Industry

ABC Nightly News Tuesday reported on the fast growing popularity of Twitter and its use for, among all things, getting better customer service. Dell was mentioned in this piece as being one of the few major companies today taking a proactive approach...
  • Finding the Right Printer for Your Small Business

In today’s economy, the challenges for someone starting up their own business have never been greater. For people who want to go into business for themselves, buying the right office equipment is one of those crucial decisions that can be seriously...
  • Small Business Tech Tip: Show me all my icons!

By default, Windows Vista automatically hides icon in the notification area that are deemed unimportant or not used in a while. If you are like me and like to stay aware of what is running in the southeast corner of your screen, follow these easy steps...