June, 2008

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Steve Harvey: The Next Big Idea

When we launched IdeaStorm in January 2007, it was well-received by our customers. Since then, the community has submitted over 9,000 ideas and shared more than 70,000 comments. Up to this point, besides talking about it from a social media perspective...
  • So, You Want to Start Your Own Business? - Part Two

As promised , here is part two of my series about starting your own business. In this part we will discuss: Naming your Business, Finding the Right Location, and Tips on Marketing Your Business. Naming your Business After I figured out what type...
  • Take the worry out of summer business travel

Today we’ve launched Dell ProSupport Mobility Services - an expansion of Dell ProSupport - the newest group of services designed to help customers stay protected while connected. Check the blog from Dell Services Architect Suzanne Atkinson on Inside...
  • (PRODUCT) RED

Dell is committed to global citizenship. As an extension of this commitment, we are excited to share Dell's participation in (PRODUCT) RED , thanks in part to the idea smotchberry submitted back in February of last year. Smotchberry has become the...
  • Using Facebook and Social Networks to Promote Your Business

We’ve blogged a lot about social media and its importance to small businesses. We’ve done Q&As with Mack Collier and Jackie Huba and a vlog with John Jantsch - just to name a few. I wanted to let you know about a free online course about...
  • Supporting Progressive E-cycling Legislation

Recently, I testified in Pennsylvania on the issue of computer recycling. In my remarks, I urged the Senate Committee on Environmental Resources and Energy to consider adopting legislation adhering to Dell's producer responsibility policy . Our company's...
  • Dell Studio 15 and Studio 17 Details

Jay Pinkert published a post about the new line of Consumer systems we unveiled earlier today. Beyond the blog post, you can also see information on the new line at www.dell.com/studio . Click on the image below to see a larger version of it, or click...
  • Maintaining Your Competitive Edge

Tuesday, Sharon McLoone, blogger for Washington Post’s Small Business blog , posted a profile on our 2006 Dell/NFIB Small Business Excellence Award winner SewWhat?Inc . Here at Dell, we know Megan and Adam Duckett’s story very well and stay...
  • Answering Tough Questions about Second Life

Cybergirrl Oh, aka Aliza Sherman , recently put me on the proverbial hot seat with her "Five Questions in Five Minutes" on the Real Biz in SL Internet television show. It's an SLCN.tv show entirely filmed in Second Life ( machinima ) that...
  • Small Business Tech Tip: Have the News Come to You

The great thing about the Internet vs. traditional media is that you can personalize your news. However, this often means searching around to do so. What if there was a way to find the content that matters most to you and have it delivered straight...