June, 2008

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • A Beast of a Card for a Beast of a Laptop

You may remember my last post on Direct2Dell, where I had announced the imminent arrival of the GeForce Dual 8800M GTX upgrade kit for existing XPS M1730 customers. In fact, we’ve been talking about this for quite some time. Back in January, Lionel...
  • Dell XPS 630 and LightFX

The Dell Gaming team includes a large contingent of gamers and nothing delights us more than being able to bring systems like the XPS 630 to thousands of our closest friends. We always hear a lot from our gamer customers… they tend to be some of...
  • Dell Studio 15 and Studio 17 Details

Jay Pinkert published a post about the new line of Consumer systems we unveiled earlier today. Beyond the blog post, you can also see information on the new line at www.dell.com/studio . Click on the image below to see a larger version of it, or click...
  • Steve Harvey: The Next Big Idea

When we launched IdeaStorm in January 2007, it was well-received by our customers. Since then, the community has submitted over 9,000 ideas and shared more than 70,000 comments. Up to this point, besides talking about it from a social media perspective...
  • Dell Service Options for Business Customers

Over the last year, Dell has worked to expand its global service programs focused on our corporate business customers. Since I get a lot of questions about these services, I thought it might be helpful to outline them: Pro Support We introduced...
  • Firefox 3 Arrives

Not surprisingly, Firefox 3.0 is front and center on Techmeme right now. Lots of folks like Eric Shonfeld have blogged about the initial problems getting to the Download Day site . The main Firefox 3.0 download page is up and running—I just downloaded...
  • More Customers are Talking

Last week Bazaarvoice held the inaugural version of its 2008 Social Commerce Summit . A lot of organizations host Web 2.0 summits with buzzwords, hype new technologies, or try and sell you something. This was different. Bazaarvoice pulled together a mix...
  • Direct2Dell Comment Downtime

Starting at 5pm Central Time today, comment functionality will be temporarily disabled while we work on a version upgrade to Community Server , the blog platform that Direct2Dell runs on. This comment downtime will affect the following Dell blogs: ...
  • Michael Dell Discussion with Reporters from APJ

Earlier this week, Dell hosted a group of thirteen reporters who represented several countries in Asia for two days at Dell's campus in Round Rock, Texas. During their time here, these reporters met with several Dell executives to discuss Dell's...
  • Updating an old Friend

Internet browsing represents a significant amount of the time many of us spend on our computers. Whether it is searching out the latest stock quote, shopping or doing homework; Internet browsing has become a large part of our computing experience. Since...