XPS M1530: Higher Resolution Displays Now Available

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog

XPS M1530: Higher Resolution Displays Now Available

Since we launched the XPS M1530, much of the customer feedback has unanimous. Lots of Direct2Dell readers like MVH, Shelby, Steve, Chong and others all asked for higher resolution displays. The IdeaStorm community weighed in specifically on this issue with the XPS 1530 Resolution ?? idea from user avnanda. And it was also on kennywrx's wish list  in his Dell XPS M1530 idea, which he submitted before the official launch. This gets us part of the way there.

Starting today, customers in the United States can order the notebook with two additional display options.

• WXGA+: Supports up to 1440 x 900 resolution
  • WSXGA+: Supports up to 1680 x 1050 resolution

To post a comment login or create an account

Comment Reminder

Unrelated comments or requests for service will be unpublished. Please post your technical questions in the Support Forums or for direct assistance contact Dell Customer Service or Dell Technical Support.. All comments must adhere to the Dell Community Terms of Use.

• The following comments were made prior to October 31, 2008"

Chong said:
    Fantastic, Lionel thanks for the follow up to my post and for updating us on the higher resolution options. So glad to see that it goes up to 1680 x 1050.
    December 21, 2007 3:09 PM

Sergio Gabriel said:
    When wil you give the option of higher resolution to other countrys.  Always giving just the left overs.

Shame on you.

December 21, 2007 4:36 PM

Ray said:
    Now if it were only available with XP instead of that other OS.

December 21, 2007 6:59 PM
    gadgetf said:
    Now that we have a better resolution, how about non-glossy screen?  This is the only thing that stop me from buying this laptop.  I like to doing development on my laptop, so I prefer non-glossy screen because I don't like the reflection from the glossy screen.

December 21, 2007 7:23 PM

Steve said:
    It's about time the higher resolution screens were added.  But we are still waiting for the LED screen option that is listed in the specifications section of the Owner's manual.  Hopefully that will be released in a few weeks, along with the new 45 nm Penryn processors.

One thing puzzles me though...When you configure a system, as in the above photo, you'd think that Dell would use the correct laptop photo for the M1530 instead of the M1330.  Oh well, someone there is asleep at the wheel.

December 21, 2007 7:29 PM

J.R. said:
    Do you guys know if, at some point in the future, a WUXGA option will be available?  I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but one of the only reasons I haven't replaced my current Dell laptop is because it has one of these super hi-res panels, and I really love having all the real estate.  I for one would much rather have this than an available camera.

December 21, 2007 7:51 PM

celeritas said:
    This is a step in the right direction but LED back-lighting with these higher resolutions would have me hitting the "Add To Cart" button right about now. I guess Firewire 800 would be wishful thinking but I'll just put that out there in case someone high-up takes my post seriously.

December 21, 2007 8:00 PM

Gordon said:
    When can we expected to see these higher resolutions available in the UK?

December 21, 2007 8:12 PM

Brandon LeBlanc said:
    What about folks who just ordered and received the XPS M1530? I ordered my XPS about two weeks ago and received it a few days ago. I'm certainly not impressed with the 1280x800 screen resolution I have currently :-(

Thanks,

Brandon LeBlanc

December 21, 2007 9:08 PM

Lionel Menchaca, Chief Blogger said:
    Brandon: I'll ask someone from Customer Care to follow up with you. If you are still within the initial warranty period, you should be able to return your current system for credit and re-order a new system with a different display.
    December 21, 2007 9:08 PM

Scott said:
    Ouch... The 1440x900 upgrade costs $150 more then the standard 1280x800 in Canada... Why is it 3x more?

I can accept the similar MSRP's between dell.ca and dell.com(even though its clear canadian's get with the complete lack of coupons, which generally makes the laptops $200-300 more) but when its this out-in-the-open, and blatant, do you guys really expect canucks to swallow it?
     If you guys didnt make it nearly impossible to import american ones and transfer the warranty, i bet the canadian division of dell.ca would be dead within weeks...

You would think dell would be the first computer maker to scale their prices appropriately, with the canadian dollar now at par. Isnt the case(Toshiba and Lenovo's are closer)

December 21, 2007 11:26 PM

Alex said:
    I am trying to order one through our (Microsoft) epp program and i do not see the hi resolution option.

I really wanted this before new years.

Also, why only 100M ethernet on the XPS? 1000M should be mandatory on the XPS.

December 22, 2007 1:48 AM

Nick said:
    This is great news, but it isn't fully implemented. I wanted to order one through my college's Member Purchase Program, but that segment still only provides the lower-res option.

December 22, 2007 2:43 AM

aussieboy said:
    this is great and everything... but WHAT ABOUT AUSTRALIA???

December 22, 2007 5:11 AM

Mark said:
    Now all you need is Penryn + 8700m GT or 8800m GTX and you've got my money.

December 22, 2007 7:41 AM

Josh said:
    Great! When will we see this in Australia? C'mon, everyone wants to know when they'll be available...

December 22, 2007 9:50 AM

dmw said:
    "May delay your ship date" says it all - they are locking in the order but might not deliver for weeks, depending on when they can get the panels. If anyone tells me they have actually received an XPS1530 with one of the new panels, then I'll bite.
    December 22, 2007 10:29 AM

Benjesuit said:
    I'm with Mark above...

Single Nvidia 8700M GT or better yet 8800M GTS/GTX And I'll buy one tomorrow!

C'mon Dell! I know you can figure it out.

December 22, 2007 12:53 PM

Nick said:
    @dmw: If you click, it says it will delay it at most 3 days. Whether that is an honest estimate or not, however, is another issue.

December 22, 2007 4:22 PM

Matt said:
    I agree with Brandon LeBlanc.....I ordered a 1530 15 days ago and wished at the time that the higher res screens were available.  Any chance of a tradeup deal to get the better screen???

December 22, 2007 6:06 PM

Lionel Menchaca, Chief Blogger said:
    Matt: Like Brandon, I'll ask someone from Customer Care to follow up with you.If you ordered your system 15 days ago, you you should be able to return your current system for credit and re-order a new system with a different display.

December 22, 2007 6:06 PM

r17 said:
    I'm looking to buy, but its not available through the Member Purchase Program.  Will it ever be, or should I just drop it and go with an IBM?
    December 22, 2007 8:03 PM
    Power Buyer said:
    "May delay your ship date" is a deal killer. Fixing these delays MUST be a top priority for Dell. Dont you know that while we are waiting for the laptop to ship and a better deal comes up, you will lose business because we will cancel the order! We would have though you would have learned something with the initial XPSM1330 delays. The 1330/1530 is a great step in the right direction but if you can not build these and ship them a timely manner then your efforts are lost.
    December 22, 2007 8:29 PM

Bryan14c said:
    GREAT!!! but how about the graphics card like the HP done to their 8600gs they have upgrade it to 512mb , i hope the XPS 1530 would also update its graphics card to 512mb and make it with a DDR3 or an optional 8700gt

December 22, 2007 11:26 PM

XPSDennis said:
    Great to hear that the M1530 has higher resolution on screen right now! but one thing is that, can customers (that jsut ordered from dell from the past week) to upgrade to higher resolution?

Hope someone will give me an answer!(in the comment box)

December 23, 2007 12:04 AM

Manny said:
    Got tired of waiting on Dell to offer the right laptop,  I waited long enough for them to get the M1530 right. Got a Mac Pro instead.

I still need a windows based laptop, so why dont they get it right.  A few suggestions: 

*  Non-glare screen

* LED screen option 

* XP Operating System( Why only the Vista option? )

December 23, 2007 11:42 AM

Serge said:
    Great Notebook! If they add a matte screen in the choice, it's a buy for me.

December 23, 2007 3:51 PM

Matt said:
    Lionel...that would be awesome

December 24, 2007 1:40 AM

Nick said:
    @XPSDennis: Yes you can if the order was through Home and Home Office, though it will involve canceling your current order and placing a new one with that one change. Any deals associated with the previous order that aren't offered anymore will not apply to the new one.

December 24, 2007 3:40 AM

Ben said:
    i just bought one the 14th and received it 3 business days later (AND they said mine would be delayed till the 4th).  I also just arranged for the trade-up for a better res screen.. XPS's customer service is so amazing... although watch out for them trying to make the promotions disappear when you trade-up (they tried to do that to me til' i reminded them of their supposed 30 day price match guarantee.. and still wouldn't guarantee my gift card)

December 24, 2007 6:35 PM

Doogie said:
    Why can't Dell get it right?  Why can't they put a quad core extreme with RAM running at 800mhz along with an Nvidia 8800 Ultra SLI configuration?  Come on!!!
    December 24, 2007 7:43 PM

Steven said:
    Any chance for a 15.4" 1920x1200 option like my Current Inspiron 6000? I appreciate the new options up to 1680x1050 but my objective is to replace my current machine with one of these new beauties but the lack of the 1920x1200 screen option is holding me back..

Thanks,

:)

December 25, 2007 2:17 PM

Anmol said:
    When can we expect theese new resolutions to be
    Available in INDIA ?

December 25, 2007 10:56 PM

Cornelius said:
    Ok, this is a step in the right direction. BUT, still waiting for these as Manny above before considering an XPS M1530:

* ANTI-GLARE screen is a MUST (matte, non-glossy, you get it?)

* LED screen option 

* Windows XP option (or even better, Ubuntu linux)

Come on Dell! When are you going to learn that many customers won't buy your systems without these options?

December 26, 2007 11:01 AM

Niko said:
    Where can I get my hands on this manual I hear about? I'd like to take a look at it so I know which specification "upgrades" to wait for before I buy this beauty hehe

December 26, 2007 12:40 PM

Clint said:
    Hi, when can EPP members expect to be offered the higher resolution displays?

December 26, 2007 1:05 PM

Justin said:
    Please Transfer this ablility to EPP website as well so Dell employees can buy it.

Thanks

December 27, 2007 2:03 AM

Tom said:
    Please transfer this ability to the AAFES website so military members can buy it.
    December 27, 2007 4:13 PM

Eric said:
    Hey ALL:

Just got my new dell xps m1530 in the mail, but I'm not at ALL impressed with the 1280 by 800 resolution, and I'm so angry that this option wasn't available when I purchased my laptop...  Is It possible that I can send  dell support my laptop and they could replace it with the WXSGA+ screen (1680 by 1050) ?  I'd pay the extra 150 or whatever..I don't know what I'd do if I have to stay with this current screen resolution, I don't like it one bit!  Thanks for your help,

Eric

December 28, 2007 1:17 AM

Clint said:
    Eric,

I think you would have to return the computer if you are still within the return/refund period. You would have to order a new configuration again.

Happy New Year!

December 28, 2007 2:00 PM

Paul said:
    I'm not sure I understand the reasoning after speaking to someone in customer service.  I recently ordered the Dell XPS 1530.  It arrived today, and I was browsing the site when I noticed the upgrade was available for the monitor.  However, I also noticed it wasn't available on the EPP site.  I was told you couldn't get the option on the EPP site because the laptops for the EPP and other sections ship from different warehouses, and that they could not say when the option would be available on the EPP site.

From the sounds of it people who ordered through the EPP site are stuck with the lower resolution screen for now.

December 28, 2007 3:24 PM

Gordo said:
    Just adding my request for info regarding how long we in the UK have to hang on for 1680 display....??

Give us that and I'll order pronto.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

December 29, 2007 9:26 PM

Robert said:
    I ordered an XPX 1530 on Dec 7, it has now been delayed until the Jan 4. I've been thinking about cancelling that order for a higher screen resolution but may end up just cancelling the order and trying another brand. No one at Dell can even tell me what the problem is. This is especially troubling when I read that Ben ordered on Dec 14 and recevied his 3 days later.
    December 29, 2007 11:15 PM

maceto said:
    Non-glare screen
    LED screen option

Penryn

8800m GTX

that is what I am waiting for, I can live with a 8700  as well

December 31, 2007 8:18 AM

Legend said:
    Will buy immediately once:

1. Nvidia 8700M Or above

2. 1920x1200 resolution (Preferrably with LED backlight)

3. Ethernet upped to 1 GIG.

December 31, 2007 2:18 PM

Nick said:
    Paul and others using EPP, I have good news for you!  You CAN get the higher res screen through EPP.  Just call EPP and have them add it manually.  The code for the High Res 1680 X 1050 is "320-6288" and "WSXGA".  Just call EPP and they will add it for you!  I've done it myself.  Enjoy.
    December 31, 2007 8:46 PM

Simon said:
    Great news on the upgraded screen resolution, but three things missing from this machine still.

1) Matte Screen Options
    2) Gigabit Ethernet
    3) Blu-Ray player (The writer is far too expensive an add-on)

January 1, 2008 3:44 AM

Josh said:
    Guess what kids! Australia can now select the higher res screens as of today. Others outside the US should check now too.

It's good to see Dell being sensible and pricing the extras in line with exchange rates too - no other charges on top of that.

Yay.

January 1, 2008 4:49 AM

KoGa said:
    I'm waiting for the higher res. displays available tru EPP program as well. This is what holding me back from ordering... Not to mention the lack of the LED backlit beauties... Please :)
    January 1, 2008 12:55 PM

David Butler said:
    Lionel, this is excellent news. I have been looking at upgrading my Inspiron 6000 for a few months now and have decided to get an XPS 1530. I'm waiting until Dell are offering the 1680 X 1050 WSXGA display in Ireland before ordering. Any idea on when this option will be available to us over here? It's a bit frustrating that Dell didn't include this option when launching the 1530 as I was able to get the WSXGA display with my 6000 two years ago.

January 1, 2008 7:27 PM

Eric said:
    Ok everyone:

Following up to my previous comment.  So a couple of days ago I called Dell, and the lady agreed to give me a laptop exchange:  they are sending me the same laptop with the same specs except this time with a WXSGA+ 1680-by-1050 screen instead of the current 1280-800 screen that i have (at the time i ordered the laptop, higher res options weren't available).  I'll just send them back this current m1530 and get the new one with a higher res,  I'm happy, but I'll wait to be really happy until I h ave my new m1530 in my hands.  I'm hoping it doesn't take too long, but you never know with Dell and system exchanges or what not..  sigh..

January 2, 2008 1:53 AM

Fearful said:
    1680 x 1050 is a step in the right direction but 1920 x 1200 would be better. Will that panel option ever be offered for this machine? And when can we expect to to see any of these options available in the UK?
    January 2, 2008 8:51 AM
    cheng yc said:
    Please can Dell bring these higher resolution screen to Asia Pacific sooner? We have been waiting for such 1440 and 1680 screens from the start, and over here in Malaysia there is still no news about it.

I have been using an XPS M1530 for almost 3 weeks, although the standard 1280 screen is bright and clear, it is defenately a mis-match for such a notebook. Many of my friends are holding off purchasing until better screens are available.

When will Dell offer these options to Asia Pacific?

January 2, 2008 11:59 AM

Ron said:
    Looks like the options are now available on the EPP site.
    January 2, 2008 1:23 PM
    Chad said:
    I received my M1530 with the 1280x800 panel in mid-December. Loved the computer, but the display really did leave something to be desired. There were a couple of other minor glitches, too, so I arranged to ship it back, then immediately ordered the new M1530 with the 1680x1050 panel, double the video RAM, and a 3-year in-home warranty instead of 1 year. All for roughly the same price, so I was very pleased.

The new laptop arrived today, and WOW, the increased resolution makes a substantial difference. I love it. I can definitely recommend this laptop without reservation now.
    January 2, 2008 4:24 PM

Jimbo said:

The lack of the higher resolutions is going to be a deal breaker for me if it doesn't arrive on the UK site soon. When I ordered a 15.4" Inspiron 8500 over 3 years ago, I had the option of a 1920x1080 display.. now, a 15.4" screen from Dell only ships with a screen resolution two notches down from this? Sony are doing exactly the same thing with the Vaio FZ, which only provides 1280x800. It makes no sense!

1680x1050 is the 15.4" resolution sweetspot for me - I'm simply not interested on anything more or less (1280x800 is appropriate for a 13.3" laptop, but not one at 15.4).

I'm ready to buy one of these with a 1680x resolution, but another vendor'll get my custom if I don't them appear for sale in the UK soon.

January 2, 2008 4:54 PM

Jason said:
    As stated by a few comments already, a LED-backlit screen would definitely have me clicking "Add to Cart" right away.

Alternatively, a 8600GT option on the M1330 with the LED-backlit screen would have the same effect on my DPA account.

January 2, 2008 11:16 PM

Kai said:

When will Canadians have the same options as the Americans, more specifically 1680x1050 screen resolution?

January 3, 2008 12:00 AM

FG said:
    Please update us

Like Gordo and others can Dell confirm when the

WSXGA+: Supports up to 1680 x 1050 resolution will be available in the United Kingdom?
    Is there WUXGA option 15.4" 1920x1200 planned anytime soon like the D830?
    Many thanks

FG

January 3, 2008 6:05 AM

Woodrow "asim" Jarvid Hill said:
    For EPP folks, I just saw the option for the new screens show up when I checked yesterday, again with the >1 week turnaround.  Might want to check again.

January 3, 2008 7:15 AM

KDS87 said:
    I talked to a dell rep today and they said it might be a month or longer before an LED backlit display is offered. Dell, what are you waiting for, as soon as you offer the LED screen I'll buy it.

January 3, 2008 3:48 PM

Ted P. said:
    I'm going to hold off as well on buying my 1530.  It's going to be hard because I really love what I see. I really want that LED backlit screen though so I'll just have to tie my hands behind my back for the time being.  I wish they would say something official.  If they came out and said, "No, we're not doing the LED screen" I would go buy it as it is right now. I just don't want to order and have the better screen come out next month.
    January 3, 2008 10:01 PM

Jimmy said:
    Any update on  WSXGA+ screens  in Europe?

January 4, 2008 4:07 AM

blomster said:
    I agree with the other commenters who have suggested the following.  

*  Non-glare screen

*  LED screen option 

A non-glare screen option should be available for all resolutions.

January 4, 2008 9:08 AM

art feagles said:
    I just have to laugh.  I posted a while ago that the image used to represent an M1530 in the Dell store is actually of an M1330 (http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/11/27/36410.aspx).  And today I find the SAME image used on Dell's blog.  Sheesh . . . .

January 4, 2008 10:17 AM

Niko said:
    I agree with Ted P. and KDS87, as soon as I see that LED option I'm gonna buy it too. I've waited this long, might as well wait one or two months more because it's worth it. Besides, it said in my horoscope not to buy an expensive piece of technology until March lol, so I'm cool with that. Official announcements from Dell are still very welcome though haha

January 4, 2008 11:37 AM

Niko said:
    Also it gives me time to try to decide whether to get it in Crimson Red or Midnight Blue :D

January 4, 2008 11:59 AM

Mike said:
    For people who already have their M1530, can't we find some way of replacing the display since the M1530 has barely been out for one month.  With the price reduction in such a short amount of time as well, something to help the early adopters.  Its a great system, the display upgrade makes it much better.  This would be much better than return - re-order, re-install all the software and data.  I have only had my M1530 since 12/22/07.
    January 4, 2008 12:32 PM

Paul Green said:
    This looks like a great machine.

Definitely needs more choice inre screen resolutions. 1680x1050 minimum preferably higher. 1280x800 is a total mismatch on this laptop!

Dell please stop treating non US customers as second action *** citizens. If you offer a product offer it to everyone!

Potential UK buyer waiting (but not for too long!) for some decent options on this machine to become available

January 4, 2008 5:14 PM

Eric said:
    Woo hoo got my replacement laptop with the 1680 -- by -- 1050 screen and i must say :  amazing?!!!

January 4, 2008 10:04 PM

Josh said:
    Okay, when researching the glossy screens I found this:

The polarizer of an anti-reflective Dell TrueLife™ screen has a smooth high-gloss finish. The high-gloss polarizer has a layer of film made of a unique chemical compound which reduces the reflection of external ambient light by absorbing much of the external light instead of dispersing it at different angles. Since the external light is mostly absorbed instead of being reflected at different angles, the polarizer does not need a rough matte finish and therefore a smooth finish can provide crisp, brilliant-colored images with the most direct internally derived light from the LCD.

So they're trying to say the glossy screen doesn't reflect light as much as your typical glossy screen. Anyone had personal experience with a Dell glossy/TrueLife screen that could tell me whether this is actually the case?

January 5, 2008 2:33 AM

Lorenzo said:
     Still waiting for high-res (WSXGA) LED display....

obviously with a thinner lid!!!

January 5, 2008 5:45 AM

Taxmeless said:
    Hey All, Just got the deal of a century on the new XPS1530 with all the top stuff built in for only $1470 U.S. + sales tax. That is after multiple discounts including 12% EPP, $699 off, and 4% Preferred Dell Card. Gotta Love this system cant wait to recieve it.

223-3526  1  XPS M1530, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7500 (2.2GHz/800MhzFSB, 4M L2 Cache) 

313-5814  1  Tuxedo Black Casing XPS M1530 

311-7822  1  3GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm, for XPS M1530 

320-6288  1  15.4 inch Wide Screen WSXGA+ TrueLife for XPS M1530 

420-7715  1  Camera Software XPS M1530 2.0MP 

320-6082  1  256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M G 

341-6256  1  200G 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive Free Fall Sensor 

420-6813  1  Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, English 

420-7590  1  Media Direct 3.3 

420-6995  1  DELL SUPPORT 3.4,DIM/INSP 

420-5769  1  Internet Search and Portal 

420-5924  1  Icon Consolidation Application 

420-6436  1  Vista, PC-Restore, Dim/Insp 

463-2282  1  Dell Owners Manual installed on your system,click on icon after system set-up to access 

310-9764  1  DELL RESOURCE DVD,BACK-UP, XPSM1530 

412-1056  1  Turbine Lord of the Rings Online 

412-0946  1  Dell Travel ExpressCard Remote Control, IR 

420-7468  1  ADOBE ACROBAT READER 8.1 DIM/INSP 

313-5820  1  8X DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive for XPSM1530 

420-6464  1  Roxio Creator Basic 

313-5014  1  Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy 

430-2449  1  Intel 4965AGN Wireless-N Mini-card 

410-1174  1  Trend Micro PC-cillin InternetSecurity, English, 15-Month Subscription 

312-0639  1  85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery, for XPS M1530 

412-0933  1  AOL for Broadband 

412-0934  1  Earthlink 

412-0935  1  NETZERO ISP 

412-1397  1  No Productivity Software requested 

412-0359  1  Soft Contracts - Qualxserve 

950-3339  1  3 Year Limited Warranty 

960-3652  1  Warranty Support,2 Year Extended 

960-8710  1  Warranty Support,Initial Year 

988-5618  1  Dell Hardware Warranty PlusOnsite Service, Extended Year 

983-5942  1  Type 15- Third Party At HomeService with Nights and Weekends, 24x7 Technical Support,2 Year Extended 

988-5617  1  Dell Hardware Warranty PlusOnsite Service, Initial Year 

984-2360  1  Type 15- Third Party At Home Service with Nights and Week ends, 24x7 Technical Support, Initial Year 

412-0358  1  Soft Contracts - Consumer Complete Care 

960-9188  1  CompleteCare Accidental DamageProtection, Inspiron, 3 Year 

988-0679  1  Bundle LoJack Theft Recovery Service - 3 Year 

430-2566  1  Dell Wirless 355 Bluetooth Module (2.0+EDR) 

310-8319  1  Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 

310-8628  1  You have chosen a Windows Vista Premium System 

420-7091  1  DataSafe Online Dim/Ins/XPS 

420-7285  1  Datasafe Online 10GB,1 Year Free 

987-7449  1  XPS,Datasafe 10GB,1YR(Incl w/price) 

988-0099  1  To activate your online backupaccount, go to Start, Programs, DataSafe Online 

January 5, 2008 6:05 PM

Tom said:
    I'm still waiting for the wsxga+ option on the AAFES premier site. I'm not in the UK, Europe, Asia-Pacific or Ireland, i'm a military member right here in Oregon. I won't complain about not having LED backlit w/512 video and gigabit lan (even though I think the xps line should always be on the cutting edge of technology) , I just need a higher resolution, plain and simple, 1280x800 doesn't cut it.

Please add the higher resolutions to AAFES site and i'll buy tomorrow.

January 5, 2008 6:07 PM

JL said:
    Will dell ever have a proper 6 pin Firewire port like the desktops, on the laptops, or will they keep putting the tiny 4 pin one, and whats with the audio port location, very inconvienient location

January 5, 2008 7:57 PM

Sekhar said:
    Any update on when the higher res screen choices  will be available on the Latin America website? I sent emails to the Sales Support Team but no response in the last 48 hours. Again like so many other potential buyers, I will probably will hold off on the purchase until I am content with what I have ordered. Or may just go with another option.

January 5, 2008 8:42 PM

Tom said:
    Update: I ordered my 1530 with the 1680 x 1050 screen yesterday morning, and I have an expected delivery date of about three weeks. My issue with not having the screen options available was finally resolved after multiple phone calls to the EPP sales team, and one email to the right person who forwarded it on to someone with the power to change the page. I guess the bottom line, for me, was that Dell will take your money, they just won't always make it easy. I am anxiously awaiting my laptop, I hope the struggle and $2500 price tag was worth it.
    January 9, 2008 1:03 PM

octavio said:
    Me to the request of  Sekhar. Update screen choices for Latin American website.

January 10, 2008 10:04 AM

Samantha said:
    At long last.... Higher resolutions available today on UK website! Hurrah!
    January 10, 2008 1:48 PM

Bob said:
    I want this, but as long there's no matte option on the screen I wont buy. Period.

A matte+led screen would make it even better! :)

January 10, 2008 7:33 PM

David Butler said:
    The 1680 x 1050 WSXGA+ screen are available from the Irish Dell website since yesterday (10th Jan) so I finally got to order my shiny new XPS 1530 with the aformentioned screen! Thanks Dell
    January 11, 2008 5:52 AM

Jax said:
    Hey guys wot about India ie i mean malaysia cos our shipments arrive from ter . When wil we be able to get the high resolution one's , my friend bought the 1280 by 800 n he is going crazy while playing games . . .
    January 11, 2008 12:21 PM

jack said:
    Why are all you people buying these computers with screen resolutions you're not happy with and then wanting to send them back? Every review I've seen since this was released has said the higher res screens would come shortly.
    January 11, 2008 9:16 PM

JQ said:
    We are still seeing the WXGA 1280 x 800 screen configuration at malaysia Dell site. As i ask the sales person during chat, he mention that the higher resolution screen will be make available around end of Jan. Can't you just make it available across the globe at the same time ?

January 11, 2008 11:38 PM

Clint said:
    Is the CPU upgradeable to Penryn?

January 12, 2008 1:06 PM

Dave said:
    Just ordered mine with the big $600 discount!

Quantity Item Number Description

1 223-3526 XPS M1530, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7500 (2.2GHz/800MhzFSB, 4M L2 Cache) 
    1 313-5814 Tuxedo Black Casing XPS M1530 
    1 311-7822 3GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm, for XPS M1530 
    1 320-6288 15.4 inch Wide Screen WSXGA+ TrueLife for XPS M1530 
    1 420-7715 Camera Software XPS M1530 2.0MP 
    1 320-6082 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 
    1 341-6247 160G 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive Free Fall Sensor

Price was about 1570 usd - N0T BAD!

January 13, 2008 2:02 AM

Sang said:
    Dell Canada is still only offering up to 1440 x 900. I think this is a shame considering that just across the boarder they have have up to 1680 x 1050. I was going to buy mine today, but will have to wait until the higher res is offered in Canada as well.

January 15, 2008 2:26 AM

Andrew said:
    Thank you Dell Canada for annoucing the 1680 x 1050 screen today!

I will be placing an order tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers!!

January 15, 2008 3:50 PM

Shawn said:
    Are there any plans of this being released with a matte screen?  I am willing to wait for it. 

January 18, 2008 11:04 AM

Shravan Sundaram said:
    Same deal here. Got an awesome deal but no hi-res screen. Been about 20 days. Is it possible to get a higher res easily? Would be great if i can.

January 20, 2008 10:48 AM

Aloysius said:
    Hi I received my XPS 1530 with the 1680 x 1050 screen yesterday. Great machine but bad screen. It was definitely "grainny" to say the least, thankfully the Dell Tech Support guys are going to replace it for me. Great service.

A little complain though, I am from Malaysia and we have very limited options for the CPU, only the T7250 and the T7700 were offered. I definitely would have chosen a T7500 if given the choice. Why does Dell not offer the same choices to their customers worldwide? We also have only 2 colour choices, Black or White, I would have gone for Red if there was a choice.

So Dell, be fair to your customers, offer us the same options regardless of where we are ordering from.
    January 22, 2008 2:09 AM

Rithwick said:
    Hi,

I received my XPS 1530 with the 1680 x 1050 screen yesterday. Great machine but bad screen. It was "grainny" to say the least, thankfully the Dell Tech Support guys are going to replace it for me. Great service.

But they cannot assure me that the replacement screen will not be grainy and there will not be any backlight leakage. Can somebody in dell really help. Dell promises to listen to customer and I hope they are listening here.

January 31, 2008 6:10 PM

Cesar said:
    It's great Lionel! Can you speak with your boss and tell him that in latin america we want high-resolution screens too? Thanks!

The XPS M1530 is a fantastic notebook, but it needs screens with more resolution in all the world!

February 1, 2008 9:14 PM

pxleak said:
    I too have a grainy screen and I was having trouble distinguishing if an image is grainy or not. They can't assure a swap of LG screens and this defeats the purpose of my job. So am I stuck Dell?

February 5, 2008 9:45 AM

Niko said:
    Dell when are you going to make LED screens an option? That's the only thing I'm waiting for. But be sure to put it on the MPP site too please!

February 6, 2008 12:41 PM

César said:
    Thanks Dell! WSXGA+ screens are available in Argentina now. I've ordered my xps m1530 yesterday and I'm waiting for it. Late but sure.

I hope my screen does not be grainy.

February 8, 2008 8:56 AM

Ross said:
    sigh, still waiting on the hi-res dispalys to be available to England. even though can buy it from the Irish site >.>

any update on when we can buy from the UK site with the 1680 display?

would buy it this minute if it had the 1680 display.

February 9, 2008 9:26 AM

Ross said:
    Just rang Dell UK Sales, if you want to buy the xps m1530 and want the higher resolution screens they can do it for you, the 1650 screen added £98 on to the price.

Hope this helps

February 9, 2008 9:46 AM

Penryn said:
    Comon Dell, give us Penryn already!

February 15, 2008 10:55 AM

Lachlan said:
    Please include a 9600M GT, 8800M or something in this laptop. I'd order tomorrow if this was available. the 256MB 8600 just wont cut it in games like Call of Duty 4. If this was a true performance machine as the XPS line is marketed as, it would have such a card in the near future :)

February 17, 2008 12:21 AM

Gerry said:
    Checking on when an LED screen will be available on the 1530?

February 26, 2008 5:17 AM

David said:
    Just wondering when and if Dell will acknowledge this chronic grain/brightness issue associated with the Samsung WSXGA+ screens in this laptop. I bought one, and have gone through one on-site replacement and one new build, and none of the screens are acceptable. How can Dell let this happen to their flagship laptop brand?

Please tell me someone at Dell cares about this issue. *Please*.

All I am now is just a very, very disappointed customer. And I just don't get the impression Dell gives a darn.

-David

February 26, 2008 8:25 PM

Scott said:
    Mr. Dell

I am going on a hunger strike until we get the LED screen in the M1530

February 28, 2008 10:18 PM

Niko said:
    Yea I'm going on strike too lol, cmon Dell I need to buy my M1530 before March 24th, please make LED available before that! A lot of us will appreciate it :D

March 1, 2008 11:18 AM

John said:
    I talked to a Dell higher up who told me not to expect the LED backlit screens until the next version of the 15" XPS model is released.  He could not give me an exact time, but stated at least 6 months from now.  I wish Dell would do this sooner as I am not buying the m1530 until the LED backlighting is an option.

Hope this helps the hundreds (or thousands) of us waiting.

March 8, 2008 2:34 PM

Niko said:
    Sweet Jesus that's a long time from now :( I won't be able to wait that long, I suppose I'll have to settle for the LCD. But at least we have high resolutions to choose from. Thanks for the info John

March 10, 2008 6:04 PM

Jason said:
    Deal breakers for me, similar what others have mentioned...  For intensive photo editing:

* ANTI-GLARE screen is a MUST (matte)

* LED screen option 

Guess it's just the excuse I need to switch to the Mac camp.

March 11, 2008 3:05 AM

Matthew said:
    What about in the UK? where are the high res screens on the lower prices 1530 models? and where are the Penryn's? Why the long wait?

March 13, 2008 8:50 AM

Andy said:
    I'm waiving $3,000 dollars in the air begging for you to take my money for a M1530 with an LED screen. No one wants my money?

March 21, 2008 4:24 PM

Niko said:
    Not for at least 6 months from now :(

March 24, 2008 1:26 PM

Steve said:
    Could somebody whom already has the M1530 please clarify the following.

If the M1530 is bought with the Native res 1440 x 900 screen, if needed can the display also be reduced to a Native res 1280 x 800 without any distortion ?

Thanks

April 10, 2008 4:58 AM

Andrew said:
    All higher resolutions have gone on ALL XPS M1530 laptops in the UK. Were stuck with 1280x800 only! Whats going on???
    April 13, 2008 5:58 AM

Scott said:
    I missed the LED screen option by two weeks when ordering my M1530.  I guess the information about a 6 month wait on this Forum was BS.   Probably a Dell employee told to spread the lies so folks don't wait.  Thanks Dell

April 18, 2008 6:38 AM

Denton said:
     ive just got a XPS M1530, im in the UK and its only 1280x800 :(

looking through the dell config/spec/buy page.. and i cant see any options for 1440x900. depressing

April 19, 2008 5:13 AM

Sondre said:
    Anyone know if the WSXGA TrueLife Screen is Glossy??  Please answer Fast!!!

Thanks

May 18, 2008 3:57 PM

Niko Melenas said:
     Sondre, yes it is glossy. For better or for worse the matte screen option is currently unavailable... My sister's lappy is an old Inspiron 700m and it has a glossy screen and I don't mind it, I think I'm starting to go over to the glossy side of life lol

May 20, 2008 12:29 PM

Leon said:
    is it possible to upgrade the screen resolution from the one i already have? Like from the original resolution to led resolution by paying the 150 dollars?

Please answer, thanks!

May 30, 2008 10:45 AM

Pasindu said:
    I already have a xps-1530 with the low resolution display...(which really ). my laptop was shipped in dec-2007. Pls advise me on how to get the display upgraded..

Thanks in advance!

July 8, 2008 3:47 PM

Hanlya said:
    hurrrmmmm...but stil...i am waiting for a better GPU offer from dell..and i am thinking about the 9 series Nvidia Geforce graphic card..and hopefully it is 9600GT or better...please dell, lionel or anyone from dell, can u tell me whether m1530 will be upgrade 9 series Nvidia GPU?and if can..can u tell me when?i'll be needed this laptop in 25 august 2008..help me please..

July 9, 2008 6:47 AM

mgerity said:
    I have been waiting for the XPS1530 with a LED backlight and high resolution (1680x1050 or better) for over 6 months now, and I am starting to give up hope.  I have a 5 year old laptop and it has 1680x1050 resolution, so I am certainly not going to buy a new laptop (particularly an expensive XPS) and end up downgrading my screen resolution from the dinosaur I have now.  The time has come for me to ask, how hard is this for Dell?  Is there some reason their LED screen only comes in 1440x900?  Do they think that customers who want LED backlighting are somehow happier with lower resolutions than those offered on the non-LED screens?  Seriously, so much time has passed since they first made the LED screen available on this model with no further improvements in resolution offered, that I'm just about to give up and do my shopping with another company.  What is the holdup here?

July 11, 2008 12:41 AM

adam said:
    So after implementing the high res lcds, they've now removed them again?   I sure hope they've only removed them because they're putting LED backlit ones in their place.  Please let us know what's going on.

Thanks!

PS. You may want to remove/ change the link at the top since the product no longer exists.

July 29, 2008 12:05 PM

zodiaclove said:
    hola I can't agree with what you wrote really.... please ellaberate a bit more for me ;D thank you
    September 23, 2008 5:55 PM

zodiaclove said:
    hey I do not agree with what you wrote really.... please ellaberate a bit more for me ;D thank you
    October 2, 2008 1:49 PM

zodiaclove said:
    hey I can not agree with what you wrote really.... please explain in detail a bit more for me ;d thank you
    October 7, 2008 3:59 PM

stu said:
    I just received my X1530 today, and wow i just bought a $2000 mirror! the glossy screen on this thing is ridiculous, you can't read anything, incredibly dissapointed

October 13, 2008 7:31 PM