November, 2007

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Notebook AC Adapter Survey

If I've learned anything from surfing customers' blogs over the last year and a half, I've learned one thing: customers do have a voice at Dell. When you meet people for the first time, usually the conversation drifts towards what each of you "do for...
  • XPS M1530: Like the M1330 But Bigger

Today, the XPS M1530 is available for order worldwide. It features all of the design elements that have made the XPS M1330 a success, but it also brings a larger 15.4" display and a more powerful graphics card option— NVIDIA's 8600M GT...
  • XPS One: New Dell All-in-One PC

Take your pick... you might have seen some notices on Engadget , Gizmodo or Crave that the XPS One was available for pre-order. If you missed those, you may have seen the PC Magazine review , where it earned a 4.5 star rating and an Editors' Choice...
  • The Story Behind Dell’s Simplify IT Initiative

Last month Dell went on record saying that Information Technology (IT) is too complex, and we have launched significant programs to simplify it. The reactions from the marketplace - especially customers, analysts and the media - have been overwhelmingly...
  • Dell Still Committed to Ubuntu

Some of you have been asking me about the Inquirer's recent story that we were dumping support for Ubuntu in the U.K. Let me just get this out of the way—the Inquirer was wrong. Now to be fair, the Inquirer did publish an update story after speaking...
  • Dell to Help Suppliers Monitor & Report Carbon Dioxide Emissions

Today we have joined the Carbon Disclosure Project's Supply Chain Leadership Collaboration. Quite a mouthful, but what's important is that we're partnering with the Carbon Disclosure Project and our key suppliers to develop standard and globally-recognized...
  • Broadening Customer Choice at Dell

Over the past year we have demonstrated our commitment to delivering more customer choice and listening to customers: We've added Ubuntu to consumer systems We'llsoon offer SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop on commercial OptiPlex systems...
  • A New Look for Direct2Dell & IdeaStorm

Over the weekend, both Direct2Dell and IdeaStorm will get a facelift. With this change, we will join the Dell Community Forum and StudioDell in sharing a new design for a more consistent look and feel across your Dell community experience. These changes...
  • Dell to Acquire EqualLogic

Our customers will be dealing with an enormous increase in data over the next few years. To put this in perspective, the world generated about 161 exabytes of data last year and we expect this to go up six-fold in the next four years. This increases...
  • XPS One Design

I mentioned a few design-related things regarding the XPS One in my blog post from earlier this week. However, I figured that some of you out there would want to hear about it from Brian Leonard—he's the lead designer behind the product. In this vlog...