November, 2007

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • How Status Tags are Used on IdeaStorm

Some of the ideas on IdeaStorm have status tags that help identify what Dell is currently doing – or thinking of doing - with the idea. The status tags are located in the line underneath the idea title. During the past several weeks the moderators...
  • Dell to Help Suppliers Monitor & Report Carbon Dioxide Emissions

Today we have joined the Carbon Disclosure Project's Supply Chain Leadership Collaboration. Quite a mouthful, but what's important is that we're partnering with the Carbon Disclosure Project and our key suppliers to develop standard and globally-recognized...
  • Notebook AC Adapter Survey

If I've learned anything from surfing customers' blogs over the last year and a half, I've learned one thing: customers do have a voice at Dell. When you meet people for the first time, usually the conversation drifts towards what each of you "do for...
  • 15.4 size XPS system

Dell today announced the XPS 1530, a 15.4-inch notebook featuring the same award-winning design and features introduced by the XPS M1330 earlier this year. Customers have asked Dell to broaden the XPS product line to include a 15" notebook, and IdeaStorm...
  • XPS M1530: Like the M1330 But Bigger

Today, the XPS M1530 is available for order worldwide. It features all of the design elements that have made the XPS M1330 a success, but it also brings a larger 15.4" display and a more powerful graphics card option— NVIDIA's 8600M GT...
  • The Story Behind Dell’s Simplify IT Initiative

Last month Dell went on record saying that Information Technology (IT) is too complex, and we have launched significant programs to simplify it. The reactions from the marketplace - especially customers, analysts and the media - have been overwhelmingly...
  • XPS One Design

I mentioned a few design-related things regarding the XPS One in my blog post from earlier this week. However, I figured that some of you out there would want to hear about it from Brian Leonard—he's the lead designer behind the product. In this vlog...
  • Blu-ray & Vista

A while back, Peter Gutmann published a report discussing content protection under Vista ; that report has led to some discussion in the blogosphere about Blu-ray playback. I wanted to take a few minutes to clarify some things. Much of the discussion...
  • Dell in SL: One Year Later

As I landed on that title for my presentation at Metaverse07 this coming Monday, I thought it would be an appropriate one for an update here, too. Yes, it’s been almost exactly one year since Dell Island launched to the public in the virtual world of...
  • XPS One: New Dell All-in-One PC

Take your pick... you might have seen some notices on Engadget , Gizmodo or Crave that the XPS One was available for pre-order. If you missed those, you may have seen the PC Magazine review , where it earned a 4.5 star rating and an Editors' Choice...