Details on Latest Mobile Workstations

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog

Details on Latest Mobile Workstations

Earlier this week, we announced the Dell Precison M6300 mobile workstation. It joins the M4300 as our second mobile workstation based on Intel's Santa Rosa chipset. The M6300 supports Core 2 Duo amd Extreme Edition processors up to the 2.8GHz X7900 processor, and the NVIDIA Quadro FX1600M for strong performance in graphics-intense applications that are commonly used by workstation customers. As far as displays, we offer two 17" UltraSharp versions—one that supports 1440x900 resolution and another that supports 1920x1200.

Like the M4300, the M6300 supports up to 4GB DDR2 memory, and on the storage side, it supports optional 32GB solid state hard drives as well as traditional hard drives at capacities up to 200GB. Mobility is a key component, and we offer lots of flexibility there as well—Wi-Fi options include a/g/ and Draft-n; and on the mobile broadband side, we offer the Dell Wireless 5510 HSDPA card.

In this video, Mano Gialusis from the Precision team shares more details about the M4300 and M6300.

Format: flv
Duration:

To post a comment login or create an account

Comment Reminder

Unrelated comments or requests for service will be unpublished. Please post your technical questions in the Support Forums or for direct assistance contact Dell Customer Service or Dell Technical Support.. All comments must adhere to the Dell Community Terms of Use.

• Anonymous
    Anonymous

Wow, those are nice systems, but a lot of us are waiting for details on the Latitude XT. All we've had since May is a short introductory video and two you tube videos showing competitor's tablets being destroyed.

You introduced the tablet already, what is the harm in keeping all of us potential customers in the dark? We'd be happy with anything, price, release date, specs. Anything is better then this continued silence on a highly desired product.

You've surely lost a lot of business to other tablets by keeping mum on the Latitute XT. I've already started school and need a new laptop desperatly and am eagerly waiting the XT. However, if I don't hear anything soon I'll have to go elsewhere.

I know that this post is unrelated, but we aren't getting any answers in the comment section of the tablet posting so I thought that I could try getting some answers here.

• Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Nice and all, but where the heck is that Latitude Tablet??!!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Sweet!  Another notebook Dell can't deliver.  Color me....indifferent.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous

Hey Dell

Wanna see how a real company responds to complaints?

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

I guess your CEO is too greedy and to arrogant for something like this. 

• Anonymous
    Anonymous

I like the looks of the M4300 better but the specs on the M6300.  Why did they put the M6300 is such a dated case why not jazz it up a bit or at least put it in a Latitude style case?  Any chance of some of the M6300 features being brought into the M4300?  I would still rather have the tablet though, depending on the specs.  :)

• Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Word to the wise:  I ordered the M4300 a month ago.  I'm still waiting. 
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous

I agree with the first post! Where's the info on the Latitutde XT? What's the point of keeping us in the dark??? At least you can let us know when it's coming out or something.

Forget these workstations! We want the Latitude XT!!

• Anonymous
    Anonymous
    I would never buy a piece of crap Dell ever again.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Umm...who cares? I want more info about the tablet.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous

I dont need a mble wrkstation. I need a tablet. I'm ordering a lenovo tablet unless i hear about dells "vaporware" nonexistant tablet really soon.

Dell, show up or go away.

• Anonymous
    Anonymous

More storage is required for many "desk top" applications than the maximum available 200 Gb.  Dell and others used to make laptops capable of taking two hard drives.  Other manufacturers still do.  Would be nice to see a proper "desk top replacement" with two drives and good video performance.

• Anonymous
    Anonymous

4300/6300 are nice, but leave a gap.  I have been using an M70 for over two years and have been waiting for a faster (and hopefully ligher) 15.4" with good graphics.

How about a 5300 - 15.4", 6lb, Quadro 1600 graphics, Core 2 Duo up to 2.6Ghz.

The 6300 (and all 17") are nice, but not well suited for travel use - to big and heavy.  The graphics on the 4300 are a little to light for the heavier apps (Pro/E, FEA, CFD) 

• Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Wow, this video was not consumer friendly.

That guy should have said, the whatever laptop has a 2.1 to 2.4 GHz Intel processor. Why give the models? To have customers search of the speeds online?

Apple is way more consumer friendly.

Apple : MacBook 2.2 GHz.
    Dell: Precision M6300 X7900

Do Dell executives think they look more "intelligent" talking in tech terms? Consumers don't know what is a "solid state drive", they might be more familiar with "flash drives".
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous
    iChris, these products are not aimed at consumers, they are workstations.  Generally anyone who needs to buy a workstation will be technical enough to understand the terms used.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous

Nice job, Dell!  I'm a software developer and I've been waiting for this configuration for a while now...  But, I've been told by sales that the 64bit versions of XP and Vista will not currently work with the M6300.  I'd hate to pay for 4GB, knowing I'll be wasting at least .75 GB with the 32bit OS.

When will the 64bit OS's be supported on the M6300?

• Wow, those are nice systems, but a lot of us are waiting for details on the Latitude XT. All we've had since May is a short introductory video and two you tube videos showing competitor's tablets being destroyed.

You introduced the tablet already, what is the harm in keeping all of us potential customers in the dark? We'd be happy with anything, price, release date, specs. Anything is better then this continued silence on a highly desired product.

You've surely lost a lot of business to other tablets by keeping mum on the Latitute XT. I've already started school and need a new laptop desperatly and am eagerly waiting the XT. However, if I don't hear anything soon I'll have to go elsewhere.

I know that this post is unrelated, but we aren't getting any answers in the comment section of the tablet posting so I thought that I could try getting some answers here.

• Nice and all, but where the heck is that Latitude Tablet??!!!
  • Sweet!  Another notebook Dell can't deliver.  Color me....indifferent.
  • Hey Dell

Wanna see how a real company responds to complaints?

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

I guess your CEO is too greedy and to arrogant for something like this. 

• I like the looks of the M4300 better but the specs on the M6300.  Why did they put the M6300 is such a dated case why not jazz it up a bit or at least put it in a Latitude style case?  Any chance of some of the M6300 features being brought into the M4300?  I would still rather have the tablet though, depending on the specs.  :)

• Word to the wise:  I ordered the M4300 a month ago.  I'm still waiting. 
  • I agree with the first post! Where's the info on the Latitutde XT? What's the point of keeping us in the dark??? At least you can let us know when it's coming out or something.

Forget these workstations! We want the Latitude XT!!

• I would never buy a piece of crap Dell ever again.
  • Umm...who cares? I want more info about the tablet.
  • I dont need a mble wrkstation. I need a tablet. I'm ordering a lenovo tablet unless i hear about dells "vaporware" nonexistant tablet really soon.

Dell, show up or go away.

• More storage is required for many "desk top" applications than the maximum available 200 Gb.  Dell and others used to make laptops capable of taking two hard drives.  Other manufacturers still do.  Would be nice to see a proper "desk top replacement" with two drives and good video performance.

• 4300/6300 are nice, but leave a gap.  I have been using an M70 for over two years and have been waiting for a faster (and hopefully ligher) 15.4" with good graphics.

How about a 5300 - 15.4", 6lb, Quadro 1600 graphics, Core 2 Duo up to 2.6Ghz.

The 6300 (and all 17") are nice, but not well suited for travel use - to big and heavy.  The graphics on the 4300 are a little to light for the heavier apps (Pro/E, FEA, CFD) 

• Wow, this video was not consumer friendly.

That guy should have said, the whatever laptop has a 2.1 to 2.4 GHz Intel processor. Why give the models? To have customers search of the speeds online?

Apple is way more consumer friendly.

Apple : MacBook 2.2 GHz.
    Dell: Precision M6300 X7900

Do Dell executives think they look more "intelligent" talking in tech terms? Consumers don't know what is a "solid state drive", they might be more familiar with "flash drives".
  • iChris, these products are not aimed at consumers, they are workstations.  Generally anyone who needs to buy a workstation will be technical enough to understand the terms used.
  • Nice job, Dell!  I'm a software developer and I've been waiting for this configuration for a while now...  But, I've been told by sales that the 64bit versions of XP and Vista will not currently work with the M6300.  I'd hate to pay for 4GB, knowing I'll be wasting at least .75 GB with the 32bit OS.

When will the 64bit OS's be supported on the M6300?