September, 2007

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • University Relation Calendar of Events for October 1 - 6

Last week , we got the opportunity to meet a lot of great student at Michigan, Harvard, University of Texas, Michigan State and Stanford. These are the schools that we will be at next week. Please make sure to stop by if you are interested in learning...
  • Direct2Dell Comment Downtime Coming This Weekend

Wanted to take a few minutes to give you a heads up that we will be bringing Direct2Dell in-house over the weekend. What this means is that readers will still be able to see posts, but will not be able to add comments to any blog posts while the transition...
  • Visible Link to IdeaStorm on Main Dell Site

As we roll out a beta test of a new design for the Dell.com home page, you'll find a new feature on the page that we think you'll be excited about it, based on the number of you who voted on this idea. It's not a link to IdeaStorm that we've...
  • The Beast is Here

You've seen the details on Engadget . You might have seen the promotional video we released on YouTube . Today, our XPS M1730 gaming notebook—the machine our development team calls the beast—is available for order in most regions today. We will offer...
  • Carbon Neutral

Today we announced our latest environmental initiative—Dell will become the first major computer company to neutralize the carbon impact of its worldwide operations. Carbon neutrality involves taking inventory of our total greenhouse gas emissions...
  • Dell's Carbon Neutral Plans

Today , Michael addressed more than 200 industry leaders, government officials and non-governmental organization (NGO) representatives about the perils that IT complexity holds for businesses and organizations, and the benefits that come with simplifying...
  • Dell Retail Expansion in China

Today in Beijing, we announced a partnership with Gome , the largest consumer electronics retailer in China, to sell Dell products in local Gome stores. This marks the first time Dell has sold systems in retail in China since we entered this market in...
  • University Relations Weekly Calendar

Here's the first weekly calendar from the University Relations team. Moving forward, the team will publish the updated calendar every Friday in the University Relations category. If you are a student at one of these universities, feel free to come visit...
  • DKMS and biosdevname releases

This week I've managed to clean up my TODO list quite a bit, including getting releases of two apps I maintain out the door. First, I've posted DKMS v2.0.17.4. Big changes include a couple fixes: installs during --rpm_safe_upgrade could...
  • Chancellor Merkel in Bunte Magazine

Just received an e-mail tip that I thought I would share with Direct2Dell readers. Bunte featured a profile of Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel . Folks here were pleased that Chancellor Merkel uses a Dell flat panel monitor—from the looks...