August, 2007

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Dell Q2 Preliminary Results Released

Folks who read Direct2Dell pretty regularly know I am not an Investor Relations person. That means I will not be commenting on financial results. I just wanted to make this information available to people who are expecting it. --Lionel DELL REPORTS...
  • "Plant a Tree for Me" Now in Canada

Today we’re extending our commitment to a cleaner environment by expanding “ Plant a Tree for Me ” to Canada. This expansion augments what we're already doing in the United States and in Europe . As a global provider, our customers expect us to...
  • XPS 700 Motherboard Exchange: Order Confirmations

I've been getting comments from several customers like who have submitted their orders and have not received a response. Wanted to clarify how the process works, and the easiest way to illustrate it is to break it down into two main groups: Customers...
  • Inspiron Notebook Product Delays

Thanks to all of our customers who continue to wait for your orders despite the delays. We apologize for the frustration that they have caused all of you. I know that many of you have seen the blog posts about the XPS M1330 delays , but many customers...
  • Dell's Solution Provider Direct Update

Back in May, Michael appeared on the cover of CRN and announced that Dell is expanding its channel strategy and will launch an "authorized partner" program and deal registration by the end of this year. Since then, we've been having lots of conversations...
  • firmware-tools update—Brand-spanking-new GUI.

Get it while it's hot. After being available for two years now, the formerly CLI-only firmware-tools now has a pretty slick GUI, called 'inventory_firmware_gui'. Firmware-tools is available in the Dell Software Repository. Installation instructions...
  • XPS 700 Motherboard Exchange Program Update

Thanks to all of you for your strong support of the XPS 700 Motherboard Exchange Program . Due to overwhelming global demand of the program, we need to order more components for hardware kits to support the demand. What this means is that we are able...
  • U.S. Mail Order Rule & My Order Status

Understandably, I'm getting lots of comments and direct e-mails related to delays of XPS M1330 notebooks, Inspiron and Latitude notebooks, and some of our Vostro products. I want to apologize to all of you for the frustration these delays are causing...
  • Dell repository updates—firmware repo

I posted to the mailing list several weeks ago about the firmware repository moving from fwupdate.com to linux.dell.com. As of this week, there are a couple of updates to the firmware repository to take note of: First, we have added PERC5 and SAS5...
  • Matt interviewed for LinuxWorld Podcast

I was interviewed by Don Marti for his LinuxWorld Podcast series. We talked about the new XPS M1330 notebook that was carrying at LinuxWorld, and the kinds of choices we make when deciding what hardware to sell with Linux. As I've noted here before...