Worldwide XPS 700 Motherboard Exchange Program Launch Date Confirmed

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog

Worldwide XPS 700 Motherboard Exchange Program Launch Date Confirmed

Update, 8/13:  The link for the XPS 700 Exchange Program is now live:

www.XPSUpgradeProgramDell.com

We are pleased to announce that we will launch the XPS 700 Motherboard Exchange Program worldwide on Monday, August 13, 2007. 

On August 13, we will launch a website for XPS 700 and 710 customers to register for the program and to tell us what options you prefer. XPS 700 customers will be able to choose a Hardware Kit at no charge, and can also opt for on-site installation service at no charge. XPS 700 customers will also have the option of purchasing a quad-core QX6700 processor for 25% off our Electronics & Accessories price (pricing may vary depending on the time you order). XPS 710 customers will have the option of of purchasing a Hardware Kit and on-site installation service. Pricing and program offering details may vary by region and will be outlined in future posts.

This program will expire on October 13, 2007. All upgrade requests must be submitted no later than midnight Central Standard Time October 13, 2007. For more information, here's the very first post where we outlined the details of this program, and here's the link to the XPS 700 Motherboard Exchange Program category that contains all the information we've shared so far.

Between now and August 13, I'll plan to publish more details about how to prepare, how the process will work, pricing details for XPS 710 customers, and more. In the meantime, we'll continue to prepare for the rollout of this global program.

We appreciate your continued patience.

To post a comment login or create an account

Comment Reminder

Unrelated comments or requests for service will be unpublished. Please post your technical questions in the Support Forums or for direct assistance contact Dell Customer Service or Dell Technical Support.. All comments must adhere to the Dell Community Terms of Use.

• Thank you Lionel! This is what we've all been waiting for. This is good news, very good news.

Stuck

• Hi,

I’m a 710H2C owner and will be curious to know what my options are and pricing, but excellent news all the same.

Thanks

• Lionel, You are working too late again!

How happy will you be when this motherboard ships! I know you haven't been stalling, unless you like to be sleep deprived! You are doing a great job. It has been a privilege and pleasure to watch you "listen" to customers.

In your previous One Year Anniversary post, you mentioned how you weren't as good as others in pushing out the material. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Your kindness, empathy for the customer, and willingness to admit mistakes, is flowing a whole lot faster than what anyone can "publish"!

Customers don't care how much you know. They want to know how much you care.

You are doing at Dell, what all companies should be doing for their customers. I hope that their bloggers are wanting to "be like Lionel"

Thanks for all that you have done for the XPS 700 customers.

David

• David: Thanks very much for the kind words... people are going to think I wrote it myself :)

Seriously though, you raise some good points about how important it is to approach this and every issue from a customer's perspective... definitely good advice.

Thanks again for sharing.

• Hot Ding Dang, DELL!!

Thanks, Lionel!

• Any idea how long it will take to ship the boards after Aug 13th?  Are we looking at 1-2 months or more like a week?
  • Wow!!!!! I guess this is it!!!!

Thank you so much Lionel and the great team of Dell for doing this!! 

• Fantastic!
  • Thank you Dell,DCF, and lastly GB.
  • Lionel, (and colleagues ofc)

Great news indeed. Thank you very much.

• Yes! 
  • Excellent news, I can't wait to get this process rolling.
  • Wow excelents news!
    This will be the more long month in months! xD

• Will refurb'ed 700's get the free exchange?
  • Will the new QC procs be available then at the new Intel prices (-25%)?