Blogs

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog

Dell Tablet PC

• Comments 447
There's been some chatter about a Latitude Tablet PC coming from Dell. Check out what Jeff Clarke has to say.

Update: 12/10β€”I just posted new details about the Latitude XT here. More information coming tomorrow.

Update: 12/11β€”Glenn just published his postβ€”it features an almost 10-minute vlog discussing the capacitive touch capability and the concept of freestyle computing.

Format: flv
Duration:

To post a comment login or create an account

Comment Reminder

Unrelated comments or requests for service will be unpublished. Please post your technical questions in the Support Forums or for direct assistance contact Dell Customer Service or Dell Technical Support.. All comments must adhere to the Dell Community Terms of Use.

• woohoo! looks great!

• This is exciting news! I have been waiting for a Dell tablet PC for years now and it looks like this one will be hitting the mark in terms of portability. Looking forward to the launch.
  • it's about freakin time!

i hope its a decently priced 3LB convert tablet with educational discounts!!

• I just hope it uses wacom technology for the screen/pen interface.
  • All these anon tips i've been getting at Aximsite are starting to materialize now. Thanks Dell. I have been hammering on on particular PR rep for 3-4 years to get this done!!!

Congrats

• My question is- Is this based on the D420?
  • Fantastic news! I've been waiting for a tablet offering from Dell for years. It was a tough move going with another brand for the last 2 years, but I'm seriously addicted to my tablet.

There is just one request: Dell, PLEASE include an option to upgrade to an Nvidia chipset. The intel video that comes with most tablets doesn't run the 3D applications that I use. ATI is good, but their drivers aren't as good for 3D authoring as they are for games. Dell+tablet+Nvidia=me as a guaranteed customer. I will pay double!

• So...will my Latitude certification cover me for these? Heheh. I've been waiting some time to be able to take apart a tablet without risk of voiding the warranty!
  • The slim factor definitly appeals to me.  I'll just have to wait and see.  I'm still a little ticked about the whole Axim discontinuation thing, but from the looks of things I may end up with another Dell before I know it.

• Great to see information starting to come out about this - rumors of a Dell Tablet PC have been circulating for quite some time, and Dell's entry into the Tablet PC marketplace shows that Tablet PCs are a mature technology that are finally coming of age.  The fact that it's a convertible is important.

Dan Jensen

www.small-laptops.com

• Glad to see Dell finally joining in. Now, if Chrysler could make a hybrid electric car, we'll finally be in the 21st century!

Looks like the convertible form factor is winning hands down over slate models. Most people I know are familiar with Dell. No one has yet seen the "Dude, you're getting a 'Motion Computing' or 'Electrovaya'" ads.

Until now, if it weren't for Gateway or for HP's product placement on "Stargate: Atlantis," tablets would be pretty much dominated by Fujitsu and Toshiba.

•    Nice Shirt!
  • Dell - Innovators in technology

Dell is striving to be a front runner, and this new Latitude Tablet couple with the Dell Ultra HD Display Port, they are entering a new arena, as leaders in innovation and technology.

Exciting times for Business and Consumer!

-WebMaster Adam.

http://www.computersite.com/blog.htm

• At http://colinizer.com, this weekend, I'm commenting on some of the gadgets coming out of this weeks WinHEC conference.

The 6 keys things I think my next tablet should have:

1. Windows Vista with Aero
    2. Convertible
    3. SideShow (that I can extend)
    4. LED-backlight widescreen
    5. Windows ReadyDrive HDD
    6. 6+ hours on a single battery with standby battery swap

In the mean time I may purchase a Vista UMPC.

• This is exciting news. I hope it comes out before the end of August, which is when I need to make a purchase. The ThinkPad is my current top choice, but if Dell can out-engineer Lenovo (no easy task), they'd have a customer right here.