Earth Day Computer Recycling Event

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog

Earth Day Computer Recycling Event

On Earth Day, April 22, Dell and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) co-hosted a free computer recycling event for consumers in the Washington, D.C.-area. The event was supported by The National Recycling Coalition and TechTurn and resulted in the collection of more than 40 tons of unwanted desktops, notebooks, monitors, printers, mice and keyboards. Forty-five volunteers from Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia joined the Dell team in helping consumers recycle their IT equipment.

Since 2003, Dell has partnered with several community-based organizations to support or host similar events in markets that include Paris, Sydney, New York, Nashville and Oklahoma City.

Dell completed a rollout of its global recycling program in December 2006 and remains the only company in its industry to offer consumers free and convenient product recycling worldwide, irrespective of product purchase. The company has a goal to recover 125 million kilograms (about 275 million pounds) of product from customers by 2009.

In this vlog, Dell's Vice President of Government Relations, Becca Gould thanks the attendees for taking part in this event and discusses Dell's ongoing commitment to the environment.

Format: flv
Duration:

To post a comment login or create an account

Comment Reminder

Unrelated comments or requests for service will be unpublished. Please post your technical questions in the Support Forums or for direct assistance contact Dell Customer Service or Dell Technical Support.. All comments must adhere to the Dell Community Terms of Use.

• congrats on this!

i'd love to share this video on my blog. how can we share the dell videos?

do you have embed javascripts like YouTube?

• andy: Thanks for the interest. We'll add this video to our YouTube section. Let me get some more details and I'll get back to you soon.

• This would have been great for anyone that bought a New Dell Vista ready computer.
  • thanks so much!

can you guys just have all videos be embeddable? 

• andy: The video is posted on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpQP-eXEIFM

• Lionel. cool. i've found the Dell account on YouTube, where I browse all the Dell videos, and share, etc. Great!

However, they're not intuitively connected to any of the posts on your blog(s), I like how we can download in ogg, etc. videos from your blog posts, and you should most definitely leave those links there(!), but you should also have have a share/embed link right in these blog posts (either from YouTube, or your own media server).

i've already seen two instances where people have downloaded the video from your blog posts, and then uploaded them to Google Video or YouTube, so that they could share them on their own site.

also, don't know your role, but this treatise applies to your much-under appreciated StudioDell site.