May, 2007

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Responsible Global Citizenship in our Supply Chain

We convened a Global Citizenship workshop today here in Shenzhen focused on workplace issues in our supply chain. The participation was great with 15 suppliers and more than 50 attendees including representatives from Dell’s WWP and Sustainability Teams...
  • Energy Star 4.0

We’ve been focused on building more energy-efficient products. Today we announced that our OptiPlex 740 and 745 and corporate desktops meet Energy Star 4.0 requirements. Additionally, we expect to be one of the first PC companies to complete Energy Star...
  • I'm in Canada for the mesh 2007 Conference

After a good long weekend with the family, I'm heading to Canada this week. My main reason for the trip is to attend the mesh 2007 conference . On Thursday afternoon, I’m looking forward to being part of a panel discussion called Building a Community...
  • Pre-Installed Linux | Ubuntu | Fedora | OpenSUSE | Multi-Boot

They're here! Today we're unveiling our three consumer systems -- the XPS 410n and Dimension E520n desktops and the Inspiron E1505n notebook -- with the Ubuntu 7.04 Linux distribution factory installed. Available 4pm (CST) today in the U.S., the...
  • Dell & Wal-Mart: One Small Step

In his interview with CRN , Michael said we would be retail outlets in U.S. and major countries around the world over the next several quarters. Working with Wal-Mart to sell Dimension E521 desktops in 3,000 stores in the United States, Canada, and Puerto...
  • Dell Offers Three Consumer Systems With Ubuntu 7.04

It’s finally here. Later today, Dell will offer U.S customers three different systems with Ubuntu 7.04 installed: the XPS 410n and Dimension E520n desktops and the Inspiron E1505n notebook. These systems are now available at www.dell.com/open today. Starting...
  • Project Hybrid and Technology Preview in San Francisco

Last week Kevin Kettler, Dell's CTO and Jay Parker, director of Dell PowerEdge servers were in San Francisco to talk to media and bloggers about something we call Project Hybrid. Some of you may have seen some coverage from outlets like eWeek , internetnews...
  • XPS 720 H2C is Here, Officially

I'm sure many of you out there already saw the Engadget story last week. Today, we're officially taking orders for the 720 H2C here in the United States. Customers in Europe will be able to order soon. I know that a lot of you were waiting for...
  • XPS 700 Motherboard Exchange Update #4: Registration Process Coming

Update, 8/13: The link for the XPS 700 Exchange Program is now live: www.XPSUpgradeProgramDell.com For those of you who have already completed the XPS 700 Motherboard Exchange survey , thank you—we definitely appreciate your feedback. Lots of...
  • Ubuntu 7.04 Offering—Technical Details

Before we announce the availability of Ubuntu 7.04 on select Dell client systems, I'd like to give an overview of what customers can expect from our initial Ubuntu offering. Availabile Software and Hardware The default software from the Ubuntu...