March, 2007

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Dell to Expand Linux Options

Your feedback on Dell IdeaStorm has been astounding. Thank you! We hear your requests for desktops and notebooks with Linux . We’re crafting product offerings in response, but we’d like a little more direct feedback from you: your preferences, your desires...
  • XPS 700 Motherboard Exchange Program

Update, 8/13: The link for the XPS 700 Exchange Program is now live: In late May last year, we launched the XPS 700. Many customers purchased it, anticipating strong performance along with an upgrade path to future technology. At...
  • XPS 700 Motherboard Exchange Program: Update #1

Update, 8/13: The link for the XPS 700 Exchange Program is now live: www.XPSUpgradeProgramDell.com It’s been two weeks since we announced the exchange program. Wanted to clarify a few things: In terms of hardware that Dell will be providing...
  • H2C Liquid Cooling System

I have been getting requests from some Direct2Dell readers to show how the H2C liquid cooling system works. I figured the best way to do that was to catch up with Chuck Hood, one of the lead engineers involved in designing it. I was pumped to see the...
  • XPS 700 Motherboard Exchange Program: Update #2

Some Direct2Dell readers like SuriV and Kevin have reported problems booting their systems after updating their XPS 700 with the version 1.4.0 BIOS. We are currently researching the issue. XPS 710 users are not affected. For the time being, if you...
  • Sound Blaster Audigy MB, XPS 700 Customer Questions

Folks like Jeremy and Lonnie Kerchief have said they are still waiting for an update regarding the Vista version of the Sound Blaster Audigy MB software. In a previous blog post , I had hoped to have an update on this topic before now. That hasn't happened...
  • Dell Launches the EC280 for Chinese Consumers

Dell unveiled the EC280, a small desktop PC developed for first-time buyers and users seeking basic productivity, online and multimedia functionality. The system was designed and developed by engineers at Dell's China Design Center located in Shanghai...
  • Enhancements to the Drivers & Downloads Tool

Many of you have asked for updates to the Drivers & Downloads tool on Support.Dell.Com website. In an effort to implement some of the changes you asked for, we recently completed a global launch of a re-designed Drivers & Downloads tool that addresses...
  • Spam: Fake Order Confirmation E-Mail

Yesterday afternoon, I started getting e-mails and Direct2Dell comments regarding a fake order confirmation e-mail. This fake e-mail has a subject line similar to this: Dell Order Has Been Confirmed for Order Number 576794979. Dell recommends that you...
  • Tuning Up Your PC Often a Necessity

If you own a car, you probably don’t give much thought to the need to regularly change the oil and perform a tune-up. Soot, rust particles, dirt, and other contaminants in the oil and filters can cause poor performance, cause unnecessary wear-and-tear...